Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Sheraton Chicago Hotel Tower

TigerLilly
By TigerLilly,
in

All my hotel stars were for 4*.

1)1st bid - $60 for Greater Chicago was rejected

2) Was offered to re-bid at $79 but I declined this.

3) 2nd bid - $65 for Greater Chicago + Millenium Park was rejected

4) 3rd bid - $70 for Greater Chicago + Millenium Park + North Michigan Ave. I got the Sheraton Chicago Hotel Tower. This isn't too bad but based on the map it doesn't seem to be too near a subway station which kinda sucks.

Congratulations on your success!

I'm sure AaronJB can comment more on the location and how to best get around, but i'll say that this looks to be a great rate for a 4* hotel in Downtown Chicago.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is a very nice little portion of the city near the lakefront, and I often recommend Fox and Obel Market and Cafe, which is a couple of blocks East. In terms of a subway, unfortunately it's a bit of a trek, but a nice trek.

The best choice in my opinion to get to a Red Line station would be to go to the corner of Illinois and Columbus, which is right next to the front of the hotel. On the opposite corner, there is a Dominicks. Next to the Dominicks on Illinois, there is a staircase leading up. Take the stairs up and then continue West to Michigan Ave. Walk a block North to Michigan and Grand. Continue West on Grand to State/Grand. Bit of a trek but very pleasant walk.

Thanks for the help! I have no idea what that means right now :P But I'm sure it'll make more sense while I'm there.

I'm also wondering do you know if there's an internet cafe nearby? They charge almost $15/day for internet and there doesn't seem to be any free wireless in the lobby so I'm hoping to find something cheaper.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]