DFW (fly 07/09) to YUL (return 07/25)

beiruty
By beiruty,
in

Hi,

In the low season, I usually use delta to fly from DFW to YUL paying around $320 (all included) or less.

I do also use Priceline. With booking with 7 days lead time, the most I am used to pay is $240 + fees for a total of $310-330.

Now, I have to fly the same week, this Saturday July 9 from DFW to YUL and returning on Monday July 25th.

I started bidding from $240 plus fees (~308) and up it and ended with bidding at $300 plus fees (~368) ....NO Win!

And each time Priceline is counter offering at $432.

What to do?

Is it good idea to wait for the last minute? or Should I try to fly on Sunday?

Thanks.

Lowest I'm seeing for this route is Hotwire's $454 clearance fare.

With your dates, Priceline is telling me I might be successful at up to 40% off of Continental's $556 w/ taxes and fees. If it didn't take $300, you may want to try higher, as that is about 34% off the Continental rate.

Have you looked into other airports (if you're flexible)?

If you're willing to drive a few hours, a round trip from Houston (IAH) - YUL is $338 on NWA.

I don't think waiting until the end of the week will help, as prices will likely only go higher for the flight to Canada.

The counter offer is all the time $432 for Saturday departure and $454 for Sunday departure. Driving 250 miles each way to houston is not convenient. I will hold out til Friday evening. If I missed it, I will try for Monday departure.

The puzziling thing is on my last trip booked by Priceline for $328 (on American Airlines), the return leg flight was delayed, the AA rep put me on non-stop flight from YUL to DFW at no cost (very nice!), The plane can cary like 130p. Not even 40 seats were booked. So, why in the world they do not fill up more seats by taking Priceline bids?

There are only 4 non-stop flight from DFW to YUL (all are AA), I am 100% sure not even 50% of those seats are sold. If they take Priceline bids, I will be more than happy to pay extra $50 for the non-stop flights.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]