Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Times Square - Theater District) InterContinental Times Square

Jwc2165
By Jwc2165,
in

Going to New York City May 12th to May 16th for the first time. Planning to stay in Times Square. Would like a good room and with a nice view. Should I use a web site were I can pick our room? Should I use hotwire or priceline and if so which one? I was looking to stay at a four star or higher and spending about 350 to 400.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

PRICELINE and HOTWIRE are discount services and as a result, reservations are for regular/non-upgraded rooms. Not too many properties in NYC offer views given the density of the city, but cases where views are offered are upgrades and would be best booked directly.

Is your desired budget of $350-400 per night or for the entire stay?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Please let us know if you need suggestions or have any questions. The Ink48 (a boutique from the Kimpton chain) is $336 per night on sale on Expedia for a cityview room; it's a bit out of the way in the Hell's Kitchen area (not a very far walk to TS), but given the location situation for that property (in a more neighborhood-y area that is made of more lower-rise buildings/is not as densely built as TS and other areas nearby) my guess is that you're likely getting very nice views of the city. I've stayed at a property not far away from ink48, and from the top floor of that property looking East, there were very memorable views of the city.

Please use the site's Support Page to start regular rate/direct purchases and searches.

Really looking to stay in ts. Seen a few that looked good and a couple that were suggested. The crown plaza, marriott, hilton ts, millennium. Just seen anther last night andra? On 5th. Pretty open for ideas. Looking for a high floor and would like to look out at ts. Thanks for any suggestions

You can use MAPS and HOTELS.com (uses "Times Square" in the search box) and you can search by radius and quickly see how much more/less it would cost to go higher/lower in star rating or closer/further from the center of Times Square.

However, i would suggest reconsidering your 'Times Square Only' location, as discussed in this Hotels Near Times Square thread.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the follow-up and sharing your win with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]