Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Midtown East) Radisson Lexington Hotel New York

nhojeod
By nhojeod,
in

Hello all,

Here is the situation, I am bidding for 1 room from March 19 to March 21, then 2 rooms from March 21 to March 26.

Method A - Bid 1 room March 19 to March 21, Bid 2 room March 21 to March 26

Method B - Bid 1 room March 19 to March 26, Bid 1 room March 21 to March 26

Budget max is USD 150 per room per night after fees (equivalent to about bid of USD 120). Manhattan zones.

1. Is there any real benefit to Method B?

2. So far bidding for 1 room Mar 19 to Mar 21 unsuccessful. 3.5 star bid up to USD 114, 4 star bid up to USD 125. (Upper limit is the hotwire rate for a 3.5 star for USD 119 (USD 149 after fees))

3. Any other advice?

Thank you!

Is there any real benefit to Method B?

Ideally you'd like both stays to be at the same property, but if that's not possible, what would be the preferred scenario:

1) guests arriving on 3/19 have to change hotels after the first two nites

2) each room is at different hotels but neither party has to change hotels mid-stay

Have you identified the 3.5* HOTWIRE hotel offered?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Agreed, ideally both stays are the same place. I guess the preference would be (1) having the guest move after 2 nights, doesn't sound too bad.

Amenities shown are : Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business, Internet

(Recommended in 75% of Hotwire customer reviews)

Matches up nicely with Hotel Manhattan at Times Square, (tripadvisor rank# 238)

Above only applies for the 1st leg (Mar 19 to Mar 21 - 1 room). Will likely go with the above for 1st leg, then start bidding on the 2nd leg (Mar 21 to Mar 26 - 2 rooms).

Most of the Manhattan zones are acceptable, everything except UWS, UES, Queensborough, L.I., Brooklyn. This is from the standpoint where I have not been to NY but assume moving around NY is easy enough. Preference would be for more night entertainment/activities and relatively safer neighborhoods.

Star rating would be 3.5 and above, maximum bid is 150 USD after fees (that's about 120 to 125 USD without fees).

Since it is over a weekend, and also rates are rather high around this time (spring break?), might be willing to raise the budget to 175 a night.

This is from the standpoint where I have not been to NY but assume moving around NY is easy enough.

Downtown is do-able, but not as convenient as the more centrally located midtown zones, although Downtown is frequently (but not always) a little less expensive than midtown. Downtown can also get somewhat quiet at nite and on the weekends (not the Soho area but the Financial area)

As well, note the following when bidding 3.5* and under:

MTE - a few hotels can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway

CPS - has the Hudson Hotel which has notoriously small rooms (~140sq ft)

Would either/both of the above be acceptable? Let us know regarding MTE, CPS and Downtown zone(s).

Your budget of a $120 bid price is likely enough for a 3.5*... $150 will at least give you more of a realistic chance, but it comes down to budget vs. convenience (downtown or possibly 15 minute walk from subway) vs. comfort (possibly a very small room).

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advice! Will try to avoid CPS and MTE if possible. If I had to choose, I would be okay with the walk, but would avoid the small room.

Also found a rate USD 139 (USD 168 after fees)on hotwire for a 3.5* in Downtown - SoHo - Financial District area, Amenities shown: Fitness, Laundry, Internet. Looks to be Club Quarters Downtown (Tripadvisor rank# 247).

That would be a good baseline to go by, will continue 3.5* bids upto and including USD 139.

Seems to be a new entry,

4* - Downtown - SoHo - Financial District Area Hotel - 152 USD (184 USD after fees) (Recommended in 80% Hotwire Customer reviews, 8 rooms left)

Amenities: Fitness, Business, Laundry, Internet

which narrows it down to Club Quarters World Trade (tripadvisor rank#146)

• 3 weeks later...

Hotel is good, free wifi and business center(with printing) available. Rooms are not big but comfortable (asked for an upgrade and got the queen room from the original petite room.) Again, good location, subway nearby, as with a duane reade on the next block, lots of good food nearby too.

Might have been a good thing I did not get the hotel in financial district, that area at night is really quiet when I was there on the weekend. Weekend subway service is also a tricky thing to navigate.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]