Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (The Loop) Palmer House Hilton

matthew92174
By matthew92174,
in

First time user here and looking to book tonight. We've never been to Chicago and just started planning but don't want to wait too long since we'll be in town for St. Patricks Day and I imagine demand will be high. I'm wondering if anyone could help me identify what hotel this would be. The price of the room for a 4 star was $92.00 per night for 3/16/12 - 3/22/12. Amenities are as follows and it has a 90% rating.

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

I'm curious what hotel this might be, and I'm open for suggestions on any other available selections available tonight. I'm doing all the big attractions (Museums/Navy Pier/Parks/Magnificent Mile) as well as the St. Patrick's Day Parade so any areas that are convenient would work.

Thanks much for any and all assistance!

Great!

I have stayed there many times. The public space is stunning -- beaux arts architecture and interior design. Some of the rooms are kind of small, and very few have any kind of view (many of them face the inner courtyard space, which is not pretty). If they give you an opportunity to upgrade, you should consider it -- rooms on the Executive floor are bigger, many have two bathrooms(!), so you might try telling them you'll pay for the upgrade if you can also get a view. (The Exec level also gives you the usual Hilton exec perks.)

The neighborhood is excellent for museums and Millennium Park. It's a half mile walk or so to the Magnificent Mile, but you can just jump on the Red Line subway or take a short cab ride.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]