Priceline Hotel: Buffalo - Amherst Marriott

SleeplessInHolland
By SleeplessInHolland,
in

Hello,

The past two weeks I have been bidding on the 3,5 * Buffalo Amherst Marriott hotel.

My travel dates are

Wednesday July 25th - Friday July 27th (a 2-night stay).

My absolute maximum is 75 dollar per night. (because it is the summer season I assume the prices are higher than what other people got recently for this hotel).

Thanks in advance for your advice, I highly appreciate the help!

Best regards, Esther

Rates for your dates are a little higher than usual (not terribly so) but summer in this zone may be a bit higher than the winter months due to 1) nicer weather and 2) proximity to Niagara Falls.

Have you already bid up to your $75 limit? If not, how high have you bid and when was your last bid made?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (please click each of these links before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Keep us updated on your progress OR you'd like help with a more specific bidding strategy let us know what you'd like to use as your maximum bid at this point in time and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Today I've tried again up to 80,= max. I've started bidding at 65 dollars and added a rebid zone every time until there were no more zones left. My last offer was 80,= dollars and to be honest, that is the absolute maximum price I want to pay.

I mean, I love to stay in a fancy hotel but with a trip of 3 weeks I need to budget a little bit or we have no money left for shopping :D

Could I ask Sleepless why you are trying to get the Amherst Marriott? If you're not flying out of Buffalo, I think I would look at other areas. This hotel is near UB Amherst but not much else.

And July in Western and Central NY is probably the busiest and most expensive month . or one of the most expensive months. Not only is Buffalo near Niagara Falls, there's lots of other tourist destinations nearby plus fairs, tournaments, concerts, etc. 75 might get you a two star hotel maybe.

@Buteos,

Well, I read something about this hotel (a great review) and I thought it would be a nice place to stay. I am travelling from the Pittsburg area to Niagara Falls and I was looking for a place to stay that is not too far from the falls. Also I read that Buffalo is a really nice area in the summer, so therefore I thought of staying for two nights. So we still would have some time to see things in Buffalo. But I guess I have to start looking for other options as well. My travel plans are not definitive yet, so I might reconsider staying in Amherst and look for another hotel and area. Maybe I was a bit spoiled with prices on our last trip in 2010 in the South Eastern area of Georgia and NC...it seems that NY is much more expensive. Can you tell I am Dutch? :D

@thereuare: I am not sure yet what I will do. But I highly appreciate the help and information I've got on this forum. So I will definitely keep on reading here and using the links for Hotwire and Priceline.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]