Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago North Shore (North Shore) Crowne Plaza Chicago Northbrook

Error70
By Error70,
in

Does a longer stay adversely affect your chances getting a low rate? I am up to $48, which higher than most reported wins in that zone. There is a small convention, and it is the weekend of St Patrick's Day, but I don't see either of those having that great of an impact, especially in a suburb.

I find the 3.5*'s in the Deerfield zone quite a bit more preferable, as the Hyatt, Embassy and Marriott Suites are all nice (and reasonably well-located) properties.

Rates on the weekend (Fri-Sun) in this area are generally less (although usually not massively so) than the Monday-Thursday period. I don't think you're too far off from a win for the entire stay, but for the trip as a whole, you may get a somewhat/moderately better average price splitting the stay with the 3/13-16 period and 3/16-18 period broken up into two separate stays. If you look up 3/16-18 on its own, regular rates at 3.5*'s in the Deerfield area are, for example, $79 (Marriott) and $84 (Hyatt, Embassy) If I were to bid 3.5* Deerfield for 3/16-18, I'd start at $37 and I'd be surprised if you weren't successful around $40-44.

Otherwise, I'm guessing you're probably looking at $55-60 +/- for a 3.5* in the Deerfield zone for the entire stay together.

Would splitting your stay be an option/of interest?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Absolutely. I was actually leaning toward what you suggest (although my thinking was backward - I thought that if perhaps St Patrick's Day were having an effect, then splitting off Friday and Saturday might get me a better weekday rate).

Regarding Deerfield, having read your other comments on the area, I added that zone in as my first rebid (I'd like to stay at the Northbrook Hilton, otherwise I would have targeted Deerfield only per your recommendations).

Thank you for your help, I'll report back.

Perhaps I do not understand rebidding as well as I thought I did, or perhaps they changed how it works.

I just did the following:

North Shore 40

+Deerfield 42

+Waukegan 44

+Lincolnshire 46

+Libertyville 48

+Gurnee 49

My assumption was that I could then continue trying different combinations (NS+W, NS+Lin, NS+Lib etc).

So, I closed that browser tab and used your link to open a new one, and tried the following:

North Shore + Waukegan 50

And got this message: "We were not able to process this request since our records indicate you have already made a request for this same trip."

Each bid not only needs to be unique, but also not a sub-set of a previously bid.

Your most recent bid attempt: North Shore + Waukegan

Is a subset of your larger bid attempt: North Shore + Deerfield + Waukegan + Lincolnshire + Libertyville + Gurnee

Assuming you want a hotel in the North Shore zone and are using the other zones as re-bid zones, you would want to bid as follows:

North Shore

North Shore + Deerfield

North Shore + Waukegan

North Shore + +Lincolnshire

North Shore + +Libertyville

North Shore + +Gurnee

Then you could continue:

North Shore + Deerfield + Waukegan

North Shore + Deerfield + Lincolnshire

North Shore + Deerfield + Libertyville

North Shore + Deerfield + Gurnee

North Shore + Waukeegan + Lincolnshire

North Shore + Waukeegan + Libertyville

North Shore + Waukeegan + Gurnee

etc, etc, etc

As you can see above no bid is a sub-set of a previously placed bid ;)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success(es) and thank you for sharing your wins with the board!

Please stick with the board format of only one win per thread as this allows us to use the topic title to describe the contents of the post as well as allow each win to have its own link in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. We have used this thread to reflect your Crowne Plaza win, can you please start a NEW TOPIC for your Marriott win.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay(s).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As for the Crowne Plaza;

If you're looking for a burger and fries, I'd suggest Hackney's: go South from the hotel on Milwaukee to Lake and Milwaukee. Head East on Milwaukee for a about 10-15 and you'll get to Lake and Harms. Harms only goes South. Go half a block or so South on Harms and you'll see a sign, then a road leading back into what looks like an otherwise residential community - Hackney's is back there (it's been there for decades and is an institution locally.)

Hackney's was on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives".

Please let us know if you have any questions about the area.

There's also a wide variety of places in more downtown Glenview, which is closer. http://www.yelp.com/c/glenview-il/restaurants

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]