Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark - Meadowlands (Jersey City) W Hotel Hoboken

kajivan
By kajivan,
in

Hi - Im a Canadian looking to visit Madison Square this May. Since I'm on a budget, I'm looking to stay in the Hoboken area.

Please help identify the hotel below?

4 Star: Hoboken - Jersey City - North Bergen area hotel

$125 USD Per Night

Date: May-18-12 - May-21-12

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Recommended: In 90% of Hotwire customer reviews.

Any help is appreciated :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This amenity set matches previous reports for both the Westin and the Sheraton Suites, so either of these are probable, although my guess is that this one is more likely the Sheraton Suites.

In this area i would sooner bid on PRICELINE for a 4* hotel as all the 'known' 4* properties are close a PATH train for access to the city... the Sheraton Suites is not near a PATH train and you would commute to Manhattan via bus. It's not a long trip and certainly do-able, but it also takes away a bit of the "i'm in NYC" when you're on a bus vs. a train. Also, there is more to do in the immediate area around the 4* hotels available on PRICELINE than there is for the Sheraton Suites (the way PRICELINE draws their boundaries for this region the Sheraton Suites is not in the Jersey City zone).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and/or how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, you can use PRICELINE from Canada.

Start with this thread: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire before which explains many of the similarities, and differences, between the two services.

I'm very familiar with this area so let us know any questions you have and/or how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Alright, it seems like I'm favouring the Priceline idea (I prefer the PATH trains than the buses).

Questions:

• Considering my dates, would Priceline be cheaper?
  • I was just on Priceline. I noticed that while I was completing the hotel search form, there was no question about how many occupants are in the room? So, how does that work?

PRICELINE is generally cheaper than HOTWIRE. However, PRICELINE only guarantees 1 bed/double occupancy - requesting two beds is up to the hotel and the hotel could say no or charge more. HOTWIRE guarantees bedding for the party indicated (if above 2, then you should get some form of bedding for the entire party.)

Accommodations for how many guests do you need?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

...around the $100-125 range. This is what I got on HOTWIRE.

This may not be a valid comparison since you're basing your price on a HOTWIRE hotel that is likely not in the PRICELINE zone you are bidding.

If you want to give it a shot:

At the 4* level in Jersey City you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Jersey City...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

That was a great thread. Thanks!

So based on that... I should start off at:

Select 4* Jersey City...

Bid $95

If rejected > then add zone 'West Orange' and bid again (since 'West Orange' does not offer any 4* hotels, the bid will focus on the Jersey City 4* hotels)

Do you think I have a better shot of staying in Manhattan for my price range.

Yes, there is a chance, depending upon the zone(s) you choose... is Downtown an acceptable option? If so, which other zone(s) are acceptable?

If still within budget, did you want to try for a 3.5* hotel first up to your limit, then if rejected try for a 3* property... OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay?

For me, that is not a problem. But I know my finance will not like it..lol. So yeah, I want to stay at the same hotel for the three nights.

I've tried up to $140 in Manhattan, with not success. I'm going to raise my bids for Jersey city as well and see where that gets me.

GREATTT NEWWWSSSSSS - I got the W Hotel Hoboken for $130 per night. This is amazing considering that I was expecting the Double Tree hotel or the Courtyard for this price. Thank you guys for all your help!!.

So now that I will be at the W Hotel. Do you guys know any places around there that I should check out?

Also, do you think I will be able to check-in early? Based on my trip, I expect to arrive at NY around 7 AM.

Congratulations on your success!

I assume you landed this thru PRICELINE? This is an excellent deal for this property and while i'm sure you will (and should) spend most of your time in NYC, you should give Hoboken a try one nite too. I'm very familiar with this area and if you tell me what type of things (bars, drinks, restaurant, food type, budget, etc) i'll give you some recommendations to try.

You could try, but being able to check-in at 7AM is a likely a little too early (although possible if the hotel has low occupancy the nite before and the check-in clerk is feeling overly generous), but if not, the hotel can hold your bags for you while you grab breakfast and explore Hoboken OR walk over to the PATH train and head into the city for your first taste of the big apple.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Have a great stay.

Are you looking for laid back local places, sports bar, higher end bars w/ big wine list, a place with good atmosphere and $18 cosmos (like the W Hotel ;) ), large beer selection, dance club, etc?

Keep in mind that Hoboken is a 'scene' on the weekends and most of the bars will be crowded/standing room only.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]