Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown) Hyatt Regency New Orleans

boliver7
By boliver7,
in

Going to New Orleans with a big group (7) for the weekend of 3/23-3/25. We're trying to get 3 rooms. I've bid all the way up to $93 for a 4 star (along with a bit lower for 3.5 and 3 star using all the rebid zones and what not). My question is: Does going after more than one room make it more or less likely that your bid will succeed? I've used Priceline for almost every hotel I've stayed in for the past 5 years, but I've never had to bid on more than one room. Any tips/tricks/all encompassing knowledge will be appreciated.

In many cases, multiple rooms should not be an issue. However, if the date/s in question are *very* busy, then trying to get multiple rooms may be more problematic. NOL unfortunately does look busy/expensive on these dates - what would be your desired budget per room/per night? Additionally, which zones would be acceptable?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the reply. We're there for my bachelor party, so we really need to be in the FQ or get lucky and hit on one of the Downtown district hotels right across Canal St. Last time I went in October I got lucky and got the JW Marriott on Canal St. (Downtown District) for $65/nt. So I've been spoiled by that. Really looking to spend less than $100/nt, and I'm ok with going down to 2.5 star if that's what it takes. I've now bid up to $95/nt for 4, 3.5, and 3 star and $82/nt for 2.5 star to no avail.

As AaronJB noted above, these dates are quite expensive... what is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels? (try MAPS and HOTELS.com to see star ratings/prices for hotels that are near the Quarter)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...so we really need to be in the FQ or get lucky and hit on one of the Downtown district hotels right across Canal St.

To confirm, at this point in time are you including the Downtown zone OR only bidding for the French Quarter.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I tried up to $102 for a 4, 3/12, and 3 star and got rejected. Rejected up to $97 for a 2.5 star. This has all been just bidding in the French Quarter and using New Orleans East and a couple other rebid zones. I increased my bid by $2 each time up from when I started this whole thing at $75.

As eluded to above, based upon current rates i don't think your maximum bid is a realistic expectation for a hotel in the French Quarter. You may ultimately success if rates come down between now and your trip, but of course they can continue higher as well, but at the moment under $100 for something in the French Quarter does not seem likely (and even in the Downtown zone it could be a bit of a stretch as well)

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Finally gave up on getting anything in the French Quarter after we dropped down to settling for 2 rooms instead of 3 and bid it all the way up to $175 (in $2-5 increments starting at $80) with no luck.

Got the Hyatt Regency for $100/night for 3 rooms on my first bid in the Downtown district. I always hate when I do that because I feel like I started too high, but it looks to be around what others have paid for this hotel on less "in demand" dates, so I'm happy. Not thrilled that it's one of the furthest away hotels you can get from the French Quarter in the Downtown area, but it's still only a .7 mile walk, so I think I can definitely live with that. Plus, it's a very nice, new hotel from everything I've read. Glad to save some money and can't wait to get there!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you got this stay settled and are pleased with the results... seems like a very good deal given the higher than usual demand and rates.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay... and the bachelor party!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]