Priceline Hotel: 3* Fort Lauderdale (Downtown) Riverside Hotel

psiloveyou
By psiloveyou,
in

Hi, sorry I forgot to use betterbidding links but I will when I get to rebid again. I'm trying to get a Fort Lauderdale 3* in either FLL Airport, Fort Lauderdale Downtown, Fort Lauderdale Beach. I used Fort Lauderdale Airport North as a rebid zone. I even tried breaking up the days a few times, but still no luck with a max bid of $48. I tried bidding $40 up to $48 for the past two days. A 3* on hotwire is $83 a night right now. Will I have any luck in the dates I'm trying to get a 3* hotel up to my max bid? I can patiently bid until April. I'm hoping to get Hyatt Place either Airport South or Downtown.

How did you determine your $48 maximum bid for this stay, as based upon current rates this does not seem like a high probability bid for these dates in these zones. Using a tool like MAPS and HOTELS.com, what is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels for these dates?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and please click each of these links before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I clicked on the links before I replied and I will continue to use those links for my travel purchases, thanks. That's just the maximum I want to pay (with taxes and fees) $270 is my budget for hotel for 5 days in Fort Lauderdale, I just want to see if that's possible and I'm willing to bid up until that month so I hope it'll be okay. If not, I'm going to book a 2 - 2 1/2* but I guess I got $48 as my max bid by looking through all of the listed Fort Lauderdale bids here and the lowest was $42 a night

That's just the maximum I want to pay (with taxes and fees) $270 is my budget for hotel for 5 days in Fort Lauderdale...

What is this on a per nite bid amount before taxes and fees... $48??

...I just want to see if that's possible and I'm willing to bid up until that month so I hope it'll be okay.

It's possible as nobody can say if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your trip, but i would say under $50/nite is unlikely for these dates as rates are typically higher this time of year (i suspect the $42-$48 wins you saw were not in the month of April)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know how you decide to proceed or if we can be of further help.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I used the PRICELINE link for dates 4/29-5/1 and was successful for $51 + $5 bonus cash = $ 56/night at Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd in Downtown Fort Lauderdale. I was hoping for Hyatt Place in Dania Beach or Downtown... While I'm happy with the fact that it's downtown Fort Lauderdale, I'm very apprehensive with the reviews as it says for Priceline customers they are usually stuck in the 75 year old side with dingy, stinky beds... Ahhhh.. I bid dates 4/26-4/29 with no luck up to $75 but will try again closer to dates. Thanks for your help, I was very close to my max bid with the bonus cash.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]