Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Midtown West) Flatotel

TheBosz
By TheBosz,
in

Check-in: 03-25-2012

Check-out: 03-29-2012

Rooms: 2

Adults: 3

Amenities: Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

Supersaving: $106 (looking for a hotel in New York and then selecting Hoboken at the side, direct searching gives me $109 a night !!!)

Looking at the list "The Westin Jersey City" seems to be the best bet, but maybe anybody go another idea. And also looking for some experience about that bet in combination with a visit to Manahatan, looking at the "Westin" it seems only half an hour to Times Square with the subway, not bad. And the mall right behind the hotel seems even better. But the W maybe be good too???

This descriptions matches both the Sheraton Suites and the Westin, so either of these would be my best guess for this one; although of the two i'd slightly favor this one being the Sheraton.

The Sheraton Suites is not as well located as the other 4* hotels in the zone in the sense that you would take the bus into Manhattan (as opposed to the PATH train) and that there isn't as much to do in the immediate area around the hotel (although this will change in a few months as the walking path from this hotel to northern hoboken is due to open soon, which will give a bit easier access to bars/restaurants on the northern end of town).

If you're hoping for the Westin, W Hoboken, or Hyatt Jersey City i would sooner bid 4* on PRICELINE as their zone boundaries are different and currently doesn't include the location of the Sheraton Suites... but it will likely cost you a little more than the $109 rate you're seeing above.

I'll also add that for a bit more ~$130-$150 you may be able to get something directly in Manhattan.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This descriptions matches both the Sheraton Suites and the Westin, so either of these would be my best guess for this one; although of the two i'd slightly favor this one being the Sheraton.

The Sheraton Suites is not as well located as the other 4* hotels in the zone in the sense that you would take the bus into Manhattan (as opposed to the PATH train) and that there isn't as much to do in the immediate area around the hotel (although this will change in a few months as the walking path from this hotel to northern hoboken is due to open soon, which will give a bit easier access to bars/restaurants on the northern end of town).

I looked around a bit in Google Maps and thought this already, the big mall behind the Westin would be a big plus. And the connections to Manhattan also looked better.
If you're hoping for the Westin, W Hoboken, or Hyatt Jersey City i would sooner bid 4* on PRICELINE as their zone boundaries are different and currently doesn't include the location of the Sheraton Suites... but it will likely cost you a little more than the $109 rate you're seeing above.

I tried Priceline with a max of $95, so I guess you're right.
I'll also add that for a bit more ~$130-$150 you may be able to get something directly in Manhattan.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

The price-difference would be more then $500 (2 rooms, 4 nights), so that's why I'm not sure yet what to do. Of course a place in Manhattan would be the best, but you can do a lot with $500...

The price-difference would be more then $500 (2 rooms, 4 nights), so that's why I'm not sure yet what to do. Of course a place in Manhattan would be the best, but you can do a lot with $500...

But the $500 mark also assumes you're 'ok' with the Sheraton Suites... otherwise the $109 room rate may not be an accurate comparison. ;)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If the odds favor the Sheraton Suites I'm more leaning towards going for a stay on the island (Manhattan that is). I'm going to try my luck with Priceline once more these days and will see where that will end, always using the links from this board offcourse (their my bookmarks). And when I decided I'm more then happy to share it here...

Good luck, and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

If you do request help or report a win for NYC, you can continue to use this thread and we'll ultimately move it to the correct section of the board if/when a property is won (or if you use the EDIT TO REPORT WIN button on the lower right the thread will move to the correct forum automatically)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Yesterday I tried Midtown West for a maximum of $110 and got no hit, today I tried again with $115 and got a direct hit for Flatotel. So I can throw my bidding plan out of the window, the Hotel looks good, the saving according to Priceline is 36%, looking at the website of Flatotel I count at 20%. Still more then $200 dollar extra to spend in New York. Overall very happy, looks like a good location for four nights in the Big Apple...

Oh and for I forget (I did so I used edit), I used the PRICELINE link from here (it's my bookmark ;)).

Another edit, seems like a new Priceline property, cool...

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice deal for this NYC property for the end of March. Glad you are pleased with the result and thank you for letting us know about this new PRICELINE property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]