Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile

mbanu
By mbanu,
in

Hi Kindly need help in identifying the following Howire hotels for 3/10/12 - 3/12/12

4.5* hotel in MMA-Streetsville $160/night

Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

Best value and super saving guaranteed

90% hotwire review

4* Hotel in Loop-Millenium park- Grant park $110/night

Boutique Hotel, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

In 90% of Hotwire customer reviews.

tripadvisor rating of 4.5 of 5.

Super saving and best value guarantee.

4* Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville area hotel $131/night

Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Hish speed internet.

80% of Hotwire customer reviews.

Tripadvisor rating of 3.5

Thanks

Best guess for each:

4.5* hotel in MMA-Streetsville $160/night

Conrad Hilton or InterContinental

4* Hotel in Loop-Millenium park- Grant park $110/night

Hotel Allegro or Hotel Burnham

4* Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville area hotel $131/night

Hotel Felix, Hotel Palomar or Hotel Sax... although i think the Hotel Felix is the most likely of the bunch, you should at least be prepared for any of these

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Guys,

First time user of priceline.. And only doing so due to incredible feedback on previous threads with winning bids in that downtown area for Hyatt. I am hoping to get the same hotel (fingers crossed). Any tips on how to start my bidding? Where to start from.. My max is probably $100/night.. Can maybe stretch to $120 if it guarantees the Hyatt.

Dates (definitely a factoring point) 3/10 - 3/12.

Regular priceline search currently list the Hyatt at $169/night

Any feedbacks on bidding will be very helpful. Seems everyone is getting the Hyatt... I want in on that lottery pick too. lol!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Do these dates replace your previous Hotwire Chicago trip for the week following this one, or do you have two trips planned to this area?

Did you only want to bid the Loop zone or is NMA acceptable as well?

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose... there is no way to guarantee the Hyatt (or any other hotel) as an outcome. In this regard, what would you like to use as your maximum bid amount?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the correction. it was only one trip. Was trying to compare Priceline to Hotwire.. Not a fan of the Allegro neither did I want hotel Felix.. lol!

I ended up using PRICELINE and got the Chicago Marriot Downtown for $140/night (tax excluded). Sort of mixed feelings given that I was hoping for the Hyatt but the dates I had requested attracted high rates and the Hyatt possibly sold out for those dates..

Being an inexperienced bidder, I had rejections at $100, $120, $130. Only started adding NMA locations from $130.. Finally got accepted for $140 with a 29% saving..

The location is fantastic that I must admit.. Should be a fun stay..

To make myself feel slightly better, the marriot website has the hotel going for $190/night and regular PRICELINE search is for $169/night.

Significant savings but wished I could save more.. lol!

Kindly update the winning bid as I am not sure if to do it here or on the priceline section

Priceline

4* Hotel Searched under Millenium Park - Loop and NMA

Got the Chicago Marriot Downtown (NMA location) for $140/night before tax.. Saved 29% on the current rate.

Thanks guys and now I know better on how to navigate "name your price"!!..

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps more than you originally thought you would need to pay, this does look to be a nice deal vs. a conventionally booked room and glad to see you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]