Priceline Hotel: 3* Orlando (Universal Orlando Resort Area - International Drive North) Wyndham Orlando Resort

hrodgers
By hrodgers,
in

At first I was so excited about this deal, but then I saw the HORRIBLE reviews on tripadvisor for this hotel. I am worried because this is part of our anniversary trip. We will be going to Universal studios during our stay here then headed out to Key West after. What would be the best way to handle this? I know I can't cancel, but would Priceline ever let me rebid and change my star rating for a better quality hotel? I am appalled that they have this particular hotel at a 3* level!

Here are the reviews and photos from tripadvisor http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34515-d85393-Reviews-Wyndham_Orlando_Resort-Orlando_Florida.html

Help!

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the result. :(

Hopefully the property will exceed expectations at a discount vs reviews by those who in many cases paid full price.

PRICELINE's trip insurance does not work for if you don't like the hotel you get - it's only for specific conditions, mostly "doctor's note"-style issues.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

(Hopefully) enjoy your stay.

I just returned today from a Priceline Orlando hotel purchase and stayed for 3 nights at Wyndham! Honestly, The rooms are not great, but it's not bad either! We won the bid for 47 and it was well worth it. We spoke with the guy at the lobby that we were concerned about the reviews. He ofcourse gave explanations like "People keep the doors open and hence the bugs,roaches etc".. But if we cannot open the door and relax at the patio then what's the point in having one?? Anyway he said he'd ensure the room is clean before we check in and it was.. We were given one in building 9. It looked newly painted.. However the carpets and upholstery in the room were old. The sofa was dirty. The phone in the room was not working. That said, let's get to the good points -

The entire resort is beautiful.. Has a jacuzzi, 2 pools with warm water.. The location of the resort is perfect.. All the attractions are close by.. There are plenty of restaurants around, plenty of shopping area..

We were in Orlando for our anniversary and we had a great time! We really did not have enough time to enjoy the amenities in the resort.. So all that we used was a clean king sized bed and a fully functional clean bathroom! :) You guys could request for a room on the 2nd floor where I think you'd not have a lot of problem with creepies and crawlies!! :)

I hope this helps! Oh yeah, Hertz is right at the lobby! Happy anniversary and have a great time!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]