Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Union Square West - Nob Hill) Hotel Nikko San Francisco

ptepa
By ptepa,
in

Does anyone know if there is something big happening in SF the week of March 12th? I have been trying to land a 4* hotel for March 13-15 and so far have been unsuccessful. I noticed others were successful (all USW): March 27 $95, March 4 $115, March 3 $95, and February 11 $110. I know those are different dates but I used those as a benchmark. I am now bidding at $135.

I know those are different dates but I used those as a benchmark.

Because those dates are different you can't use them as a benchmark without doing a little further research.

I don't see the March 4 win you're referring to, but for the March 3rd win, 'retail' rates at the hotel received for that date is $171/nite vs. $261/nite for the same hotel for your dates. Similarly for the hotel received for 3/27, rates at that property for that nite are $209/nite vs. $279/nite for your dates.

It doesn't matter too much what is happening on these dates, other than the fact that you need to recognize that rates for your dates are higher than usual, and therefore it will likely require a higher than usual bid to be accepted for your own nites. With this note, i don't think you're too far off... perhaps $140-$155 should be enough at current rates. If you need help with a detailed bidding strategy let us know your maximum bid and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

(From LastMinuteTravel.com)

Room Cancellation Policy

Hotel cancellations or changes made 3 day/s prior to check in time (Noon local hotel time), will be subject to 1 night/s fee

Hotel cancellations or changes made 1 day/s prior to check in time (Noon local hotel time), will be subject to a full fare fee

No-show is subjected to a full fare fee

The Clift is now $135/nite on Lastminutetravel.com...not Lastminute.com...as of this moment. The Hilton Union Square is still $132/nite.

Also, Lastminutetravel.com bookings are cancelable, whereas Priceline and Hotwire bookings are not.

My apologies. I did go to the wrong site. I am puzzled though. When I went to Lastminutetravel.com I saw the price for the Hilton (which is now 261) but The Clift was not listed. Am I again missing something? Oh, and by the way, I did get the Hotel Nikko for 145/night on priceline.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]