Hotwire Hotel: 4 star boutique hotel chicago

4518usa
By 4518usa,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

For theproerty above, if you click the 'See all amenities' link, do you also see an Internet amenity associated with this property?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Hotel Felix, Hotel Palomar and Hotel Sax have all been seen with this amenity set, but given the 100% recommendation from previous HOTWIRE users, and the 4.5/5.0 TA rating, i think the Hotel Palomar is the most likely and that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I and family will hopefully be staying in 4 star hotel on chicago's magnificent mile in june or july . We will likely drive. We will not need vehicle while in town for the week . we enjoy walking, taking cabs if necessary, tour busses etc. I would prefer not to pay $70.00 a day for hotel parking. Is there a substantially cheaper and safe alternative to hotel parking . I Do not mind the car being miles away so long as relatively safe and accessible if substantially cheaper. Thank you.

Is there any way that you could not drive? Unfortunately, it's just a hassle and expensive in the city. There are cheaper alternatives to hotel parking (which is as high as $55-65 at some hotels), but even alternatives (which are around $23-25, such as garages and city lots like Navy Pier), but it's still around $25 + high city taxes.

There are probably some lots in surrounding areas (O'Hare area, Evanston) where you could leave the car for a long period, then travel in and that would probably be moderately cheaper, but it depends where you're driving in from.

There is definitely no need to drive around in terms of getting around downtown.

You could also stay in the 'burbs and that would give you free parking at most hotels AND much cheaper rates for comparable (3.5-4*) properties, but then it's about 35-50 minutes each way each day on the Metra trains (which are nicer, double-level trains.) A lot of the burbs are quite nice, too.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank You. There are 3 possibly 4 of us traveling. we took the train last time and enjoyed the travel part but not the time we spent in the chicago train station. we enjoyed the magnificent mile area. We definitely want to stay in the water tower / magnificent mile areas. We know we will not need our vehicle. we took tour buses to outlying areas. took a cab if needed . we had no problem walking a mile plus to restarants. walked to all the museums and galleries in the area.

We just decided it would be cheaper and more enjoyable if we drove the 500 mile trip this time. 400-600 mile drives are fairly enjoyable family activities at least for me and my wife. The child sticks her head under a blanket married to her computer. teenagers?

Thus i do not mind dropping family off at hotel and dropping vehicle off some where else to pick it up 5-7 days later. Even $30.00 a day savings for a week pays for a nite at a hotel or a good meal for the family.

There are 3 possibly 4 of us traveling.

Let us know once your occupancy is confirmed as you should be searching HOTWIRE for the correct number of guests to ensure accommodations for everyone in your group... or search for four and if you show up with one less it's not an issue.

When I search for 7/19-24 this afternoon (searching for 2a and 2c), I'm seeing:

4* Mag Mile/Streeterville: Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business. This is a possible match for the Felix, Sax or Palomar - be willing to accept any of the 3, but given that I'm seeing a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating (when I search for 2 adults and 2 children; there may be something different if you only search for 2 adults), I'd lean towards the Palomar. $144.

The 4* in the Loop on this search is over $200, and there's a 3.5* in the Loop for $150.

In terms of parking outside the city, there are a few different lots in Evanston, which is the first town after the North border of the city of Chicago. You can find more information about their lots here: http://cityofevanston.org/parking/lots-garages/#m I haven't parked there, but Evanston would be particularly easy to get to/from: both the CTA trains and Metra trains run there from downtown, and the lots listed at the link are an easy walk from the trains. I'd call just to double check that a multi-day park would be okay, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't. Evanston (which is a college town - Northwestern) also has a lot of restaurants/shopping. I'm not thinking of a lot of garages (there are some open lots) otherwise outside the city.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]