Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Toronto (Downtown South) Novotel Toronto Centre

zipruana
By zipruana,
in

Nope, no guarantee you will get the Novotel. It is just the only hotel reported here so far. There could be other ones not yet reported. For different cities, I've several times gotten hotels not yet reported here.

Besides that, Priceline can opt to upgrade you to one of the 4*s, or another hotel might have been moved up from 3*s or down from 4*s, or Priceline might have changed the zone boundaries, or ??

Romelle

On the retail side of Priceline there are 3 Downtown 3.5* hotels

Novotel

Delta Chelsea

Grand Hotel

While hotels on the retail side are not necessarily offered for bidding, the other two are at least possibilities. And there could be other hotels offered for bidding which are not on the retail side.

I'm curious also as to what you receive. Hope you are happy with the results.

Romelle

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and please click each of these previous links before replying)

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I ALWAYS use the links when bidding but not when replying. I don't understand the replying links thing.

ANYWAY

I just used the PRICELINE link on this board to bid and won!!!! a 3 night stay Novotel Hotel on Esplanade for $70. a night (plus fees and taxes) for February 23- 26.

I started bidding at $65 and Priceline suggested I increase my bid to $75 and I bid $70 and got it "in the bag".

A killer deal. Rooms would have cost me $438 purchasing though Novotel website.

My theory appears to have been correct about 3.5* in South Toronto area.

Thanks for this great message board, it has saved me thousands of $!!!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and at a great rate... sounds like this should work well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]