Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - Water Tower Place - Gold Coast) Omni Chicago Hotel

mbanu
By mbanu,
in

Hi,

I am new to the forum and postings. i have followed the posting rules to the best of my knowledge but please correct me if I did anything wrong.

Looking for a hotel in Chicago Magnificent mile for 3/18 - 3/24 (6 nights).

I found a 4.5* for $148 and a 4* for $103. Want to know if the extra $$$ is worth it for the 4.5* hotel. Need assistance narrowing down the hotel options relative to what I found

4.5* hotel in Magnificent Mile - Streeterville area $148... It has the "Best value" check mark (what does this mean?)

Amenities: Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service), High-Speed Internet Access, Spa.

90% Hotwire customer review

4* hotel in Magnificent Mile - Streeterville area $103. Also with a "best value" check mark.

Amenities: Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, high speed internet access.

80% Hotwire Customer reviews.

Also will like to any ideas on the hotel below

4.5* North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast area hotel $128

Amenities: Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Cente, High speed internet.

95% customer review.

As you can see, the savings are significant. Any help will go a long way in making my decision..

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages.

Best guesses for each of the properties above would be:

4.5* hotel in Magnificent Mile - Streeterville

The James Hotel

4* hotel in Magnificent Mile - Streeterville

Hotel Felix, Hotel Palomar, or Hotel Sax (HOWEVER, i'm not currently seeing this property offered when searching your dates so i can't see if there is any way to narrow it down further)

4.5* North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast

Omni

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the prompt response..

I am leaning towards the NMA property (hope it is the Omni)...

Apprehensive about getting the Felix Hotel given the poor ratings (80%). Also has a 3.5 rating for room comfort.. If it was the Sax or Palomar, will expect a higher overall customer review rating. What do you think based on your experience?

Thanks

The Chicago Omni is an all suite hotel.

While the Omni calls itself an all suite hotel, I've read numerous reviews where "opaque" guests were given non-suite, studio rooms. I am interested in the Omni for my upcoming trip in June and have currently booked it with my AAA discount as a fully cancellable backup. I have seen the same listing as Mbanu in this thread and have been tempted to go for it should the price drop below $200 a night.

Mbanu, please report back to let us know what type of room you get. I'm very interested. Thank you, hope it's wonderful!

• 1 month later...

While the Omni calls itself an all suite hotel, I've read numerous reviews where "opaque" guests were given non-suite, studio rooms. I am interested in the Omni for my upcoming trip in June and have currently booked it with my AAA discount as a fully cancellable backup. I have seen the same listing as Mbanu in this thread and have been tempted to go for it should the price drop below $200 a night.

Mbanu, please report back to let us know what type of room you get. I'm very interested. Thank you, hope it's wonderful!

Was a wonderful stay.. Location perfect. Just off Michigan ave.

It was a suite. A living space and then the bedroom

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]