Priceline Hotel: Help identifying HOTWIRE hotels in Disneyland north/south

flew-d-coop
By flew-d-coop,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at the offers above.

Also, so we can replicate the searches above, are you searching for 1room/2adults/2children?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I am looking for 1room/2adults/2children.

The Hotel 2 listed above is no longer available but a new hotel has been listed. Details are as follows:

Hotel details 3

Check-in date: Sat, Jun 23

Check-out date: Wed, Jun 27

Rate per night: $72.00

Nights: 4

Rooms: 1

Tax recovery charges

& fees: $40.98

Subtotal: $328.98

Trip total: $328.98

Recommended in 95 % of Hotwire customer reviews

3-star Hotel in Anaheim - Disneyland South

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Any help in identifying these hotels is appreciated.

The Disneyland South property has not yet been reported to the board. The Crowne Plaza has previously been seen with this amenity set but at the 3.5* level. It's possible that this property has been downgraded since last reported to the board, so that would be one possibility, but no evidence of this at this point in time. I am seeing what i believe to be the Holiday Inn Anaheim (Manchester Ave) offered for these dates for about the same price if this property is of any interest.

For the Disneyland North property, both the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suite Anaheim and the Hotel Menage have each been seen with this amenity set, so either of these would be my best guess for this one, although of the two i'd slightly favor the Hotel Menage as being the more likely for this one (but you should at least be prepared for either)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Update, "Hotel 3" is no longer available but now "Hotel 2" is back ("hotel 1" is still available) . Any idea what hotel this may be?

Is it normal for the hotels to keep changing like this?

One other question, looking at room rates on holidayinn.com for Manchester Ave property, how would I know if I would receive a standard room or one with 2 beds ( I did put in the search 1room/2adults/2children and I really do want a pull out bed). The standard room just states:

ROOM DESCRIPTION:

STANDARD ROOM

WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE HOTEL WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO MEET YOUR ROOM BED TYPE AND SMOKING PREFERENCES. THESE ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY AND CANNOT BE GUARANTEED. FREE HIGH SPEED WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS AND 2 DUAL LINE PHONES KEEP YOU CONNECTED WHEN YOU STAY IN THIS SPACIOUS ROOM.

Advance Purchase $ 144.00 USD per room, per night

Tax: 17.07% per night not included in rate effective 23 June, 2012 thru 27 June, 2012

STATE LOCAL AND BED TAXES

4 PERSON(S) PER ROOM MAXIMUM

Thanks

"Hotel 3" is no longer available but now "Hotel 2" is back ("hotel 1" is still available).

Is the only different the percent recommended figure OR is there some other differentiating factor? If only the percent recommend, then these may in fact be the same property as HOTWIRE often changes this figure a little from one search to the next, even for the same hotel.

...how would I know if I would receive a standard room or one with 2 beds ( I did put in the search 1room/2adults/2children and I really do want a pull out bed).

There would be no way to know, it would be at the hotel's discretion based upon availability and their policy... all that is guaranteed is a room that will accommodate the number of people you included in your search.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

If you can stretch your budget a little, Lastminutetravel.com has the 4* Hilton Anaheim for $85/nite, resort fees included. That would be for 2 adults/2 children. They are also offering the Marriott Suites Anaheim for $83/nite.

In all honesty I wish I could do priceline and maybe get a better price but this is not really an option when traveling with the family. But, I'm definitely interested in this as both seem to be great hotels. Decisions - decisions... On the one hand a suite is cool. On the other hand hilton seems a little bit better and I think I get free internet (found a promotion a few months back for free gold status). Either way I could end up with a pull out bed for the kids. Decisions - decisions...

What's your thoughts?

Lastminutetravel.com bookings are cancellable..check the rate rules for each hotel...so no downside there. Sometimes it's good to have a cancellable backup while you investigate Priceline or Hotwire. I didn't look too close at 3 or 3.5* properties on LMT, so don't know what's available there. A lot of people book the Howard Johnson's on Harbor via the Entertainment Book rate...how cheaply I don't know.

I've stayed at the Hilton before. It's a very large "convention" hotel, but we found it walkable to the parks, or you can take ART. Don't know much about the Marriot. Regarding internet, when we stayed at the Hilton, we were able to connect up via the hotel next door, so no internet fee. If you don't secure your signal, never can tell who might hook up to your network.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Not sure how you value your miles/points, but have you considered booking TWO rooms via PRICELINE / HOTWIRE... may come out to the same or cheaper than the value of the miles. Just a thought.

Thanks for closing this thread with your decision, if you decide to pursue booking two rooms feel free to continue this thread.

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]