KOA Kona Fullsize Thrifty

heyjoe001
By heyjoe001,
in

Best retail rate I found before bidding was $288 (after taxes and fees, Thrifty or Dollar) Got same results on Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, and Entertainment Coupon book with discounts.

Started Priceline bidding at $14 ($210 after taxes and fees). Denied. Raised by $1 per day, until 5th day I was at $18/ day ($249 w/ t&f).

Then was offered transparent PRICELINE link for a Thrifty fullsize rental at $214 after taxes and fees. That price was about halfway between the total costs on my earlier $14/d and 15/d offers. Took it. Strange they didn't accept my higher offer on the table, but happy with the result.

Used the PRICELINE link.

Congratulations on your purchase.. glad to see you were able to receive a nice deal on this purchase.

Thrifty is not one of the companies that PRICELINE works with on the 'Name Your Own Price' side of their car rental service, so that would explain why your bid price was not accepted (as the five rental companies PRICELINE works with on the bidding side have higher prices than Thrifty)

Thanks for the post and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]