Priceline Hotel: Resort Tucson (La Paloma - Ventana Canyon) Loews Ventana Canyon Resort

chris430
By chris430,
in

First bid was $65, Priceline said I could have it if I increased my offer to $79. Started over, (through the PRICELINE link on this site,) bid $70 with another zone that does not have resorts and bid was accepted.

I bid one day before my stay.

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Guests Per Room: 2

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $70.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $18.83 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $88.83 (USD)

rack rate on Loews website is $219+ taxes=$248.

:D

Congratulations on your success!

Nicely done... and looks to be an excellent rate and some very nice savings. Hope you're pleased with the purchase and looking forward to your arrival.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Aesur,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Glad to see you received a nice deal for your upcoming stay and are pleased with the results.

Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC, and include the dates of your stay.. this will allow others to know about your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if the total charge you list was the same when you checked out? I'm interested in bidding this Tucson resort, but how can one determine what so-called resort fees, etc. might be tacked on to the accepted bid? The pop up information box on "taxes and service fees" seems to give blanket authorization for just about anything.

Element,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Resort fees, when applicable, won't exceed $40/nite. While this is a fairly high number, the actual resort fees charged by most properties is more in the ~$20 area. While not a complete picture since no list could be considered complete/finite, you can use the Priceline Hotel List on the board to see what has been won in this area and then research the Resort fee (if any) at each of these properties, then set your maximum bid accordingly based upon the assumption of the maximum resort fee you find.

Alternately, if the resort fee is a 'make or break' proposition for you, HOTWIRE may be an option as they disclose the amount of the resort fee, if any, in the "know before you go" section before you commit to your purchase. The trade-off is that PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, but it will give you more clarity as to your true total cost before your purchase.

If you'd like help with an upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]