Priceline Hotel: 4* Orange County (Newport - Huntington Beach) Hyatt Regency Newport Beach

XT600
By XT600,
in

started with $55, then $65, $75 - last trial $85 and got the Hyatt Regency Newport Beach

Thanks to Tripadvisor: valet and self parking are pricey, so just park for free on back bay street, and it is just a short walk to the main building... :D

I wonder why TA, hotels.com, Expedia.com rates this hotel 3,5* but PL as 4*?

did they recently do any renovations? Hope that these old tube TVs are gone....

WTH: they chare for using the microwave? come on? when do they start chargeing for daily cleaning???

price at hotelwebsite: $135++

Edit: what is that message: Please note additional charges are a 12% tax plus 0.16 tourism assessment. Effective January 1 2012 each room night will be charged a 0.12 Tourism Assessment Fee in addition to listed fees in accordance with the city's new tax structure. :angry:

12% of which rate? They don't know what I paid? - you can be sure that I won't leave my creditcard at the reception :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

follow up:

1. priceline rooms are the dark "motel-style" rooms with pool view - no balcony even the webpage says this!

2. free parking is gone: bayside street parking is only from 6ap-10pm - no overnight parking :o

So add $20++ to your priceline win to be added - I suppose the fine would be much more so I'll most likely opt for paying the $20 extra to avoid any tow-aways/tireboots :angry:

Ok the rate I paid was 50% of the official one I'd need to pay today for tomorrow night stay...

Thanks for the follow-up... was there any additional charge for taxes?

No nothing, seems that they covered the 0.12 Tourism Assessment Fee themselves :rolleyes:

I learnt that Newport beach is a upscale city with wealthy inhabitants - why do they charge such a ridiculously low fees? And on the other side the work hand-in-hand with the Hyatt hotel to urge their guests to park at their parking?

BTW: the hotel is by far below 4* - we are right now in 2,5* BW+Heritage Inn Benicia which was a $52 win with similar style but Wifi, breakfast and parking included plus it's a much bigger room!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]