Priceline Hotel: 3* Austin (Central) Crowne Plaza Austin North Central

johnnysuperhero
By johnnysuperhero,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding... we've been waiting for your first post!

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like an excellent deal for this stay and glad to see you're pleasantly surprised with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone...even at this price point. The road noise was severe and really hampered my stay in Austin. I wrote a more detailed review on TripAdvisor if interested. Here is a summary of the problems:

1) Had to switch rooms three times. Should have been more, but I gave up and compromised with the 3rd.

2) Road noise is aweful in the rooms. Police sirens all night. No way to stop the noise because it is usually coming from the cracks and crevices around the horribly installed AC wall unit.

3) AC/ Heat has controls on wall unit and wall thermostat. Neither seem to function without the other, yet work horrible together. Plus the fans inside the unit are usually very dirty. Sweet dreams breathing all of that crap in.

4) Volume of TV's only lowers to a level 10. No possible way to get lower. Good luck watching TV while someone wants to sleep or late at night. Some channels are unbearably loud also. Level 10 is not the same for all channels. Go figure.

5) One bedroom was missing a mini-fridge. Someone had to install one from another room. What about the people that were going to get that room? How is this allowed to happen at a 3 star hotel?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]