Priceline Hotel: Booking months in advanced?

Raderick
By Raderick,
in

Hello!

So I'm planning out my trip to Seattle in July, and I planned on staying for about week. My hope is to get a 3.5* or a 4* in the Downtown/Pike Place area. But what I've noticed on this site is just about everyone is booking from just a day away from a couple weeks away from their trip.

This makes me wonder, would I be able to book and get a good deal if I booked a trip now for July? What kind of success is out there for booking well advanced?

Also since my trip is going to be for about 8 nights, do you think I would be paying more due to this? Would it even matter?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As far as when to bid, see the related 'Book Early or Close to Arrival Date' in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Longer stays can sometimes be a bit tougher than shorter stays, and sometimes users opt to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, although it may or may not help depending upon the actual dates of your trip.

When will your dates/plans be firm? What is your expected budget per nite for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Under $80 for a 3.5* hotel is possible... but i probably not very likely.

Summer is peak season for Seattle (nice weather in addition to cruise ship embarkation/disembarkation) and typically commands higher rates than the Winter/Spring months which is what i assume you're currently comparing rates to.

However, a lot can change between now and July, and it's all hypothetical until your dates are firm and you're ready to bid, but thought i'd at least comment that your expectations may be a bit too high, imo.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

grandamaps,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay and we'll try to assist in your newly started topic.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]