Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Chelsea - Madison Square Garden) The New Yorker Hotel Ramada Plaza

nephron
By nephron,
in

Hello!

I need help with finding a good hotel location in NYC for 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 10 and 6). Never been to NYC with the family so I'm looking for a good place to get to all the tourist spots. It appears to be rather pricey during this time. Based on my reading on this fine site, I should use hotwire. Would prefer to stay in 3 or 4 star hotel. Suggestions on location and the "Sweet spot" for price and location appreciated. Willing to pay up to $300/nt. Thanks a bunch.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Searching HOTWIRE for 2adults/2children there is a 4* hotel for $262/nite in the Chelsea-MSG zone with Restaurant, Fitness, Internet, Business. This matches previous reports for both the Ramada Plaza New Yorker and the Doubletree Chelsea, so either of these would be my best guess for this one (although the New Yorker is seen more often than the Doubletree, but you should at least be prepared for either). Both are centrally located, but it should be noted that PRICELINE rates each of these 3*, so i would set my expectations for somewhere inbetween and not quite at the 4* level.

There is also a 3* hotel in this zone priced at $255/nite with the same amenities which is likely either the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea OR the Holiday In Sixth Ave.

Lastly, there is a 3* in the MTE zone with Restaurant, Smoke Free, Internet, Business for 'only' $218/nite. While I don't have a guess as to which property this might be, it does have a very good 4.0/5.0 Tripadvisor rating, but be aware that some hotels in this zone, and less than 4* rated, can go a bit far east and can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway (which i know firsthand is not ideal when traveling with kids and trying to get them to walk places)

Let us know your thoughts on any of the above and/or how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Both the Doubletree Chelsea and the Ramada Plaza New Yorker have been seen in this zone at the 4* level and these amenities. HOWEVER, I'm not currently seeing this property offered when searching HOTWIRE for your dates... are you still seeing the above on your own search? If so, are you searching HOTWIRE for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That's correct... every now and then you get a hotel that doesn't quite know 'the rules', but if that were to happen just call HOTWIRE and have them take care of the situation.

Also, note that when you search for quad occupancy you'll often get a room with 2 beds, but the second 'bed' could be a rollaway brought into the room, a pullout sofabed, etc. (probably not an issue with small children, but i mention it anyway just to clarify the point above)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

TheBosz,

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your own trip, it helps keep the board better organized so that if/when you win a hotel, the topic title can be edited and the thread will appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins, as well as other users will be able to see all posts for that stay in the same topic.

Thanks.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received one of the hotels you were hoping for. This is a historic NYC building (very easy to see if you look at most pictures of the NYC Skyline taking from the west side (facing east)) and was recently renovated about two years ago, which greatly improved the hotel reviews.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]