Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle - Woodley Park) The Dupont Circle Hotel

allybunnie
By allybunnie,
in

Hi...Hubby & I are trying to plan a trip to D.C. either mid to late march...since neither of us have been to DC since we were very small, we are hoping maybe someone can help us decide which area to try & bid for a hotel...we are going to fly into BWI & then take train into DC....might even possibly "hotwire" a purchase if I can research what area is a good location to stay...will be looking for most likely a 4* hotel....want to do the basics for visitors...monuments, museums, dinner, maybe some puttering around some shops...Thanx!!!

At the 4* level, the most frequently bid zones on PRICELINE are:

Convention Center-Capitol Hill

Dupont Circle-Woodley Park

White House-Downtown

I would start with these and see which would work for your plans.

Once your dates are confirmed let us know your maximum bid for this stay, and the zones you've decided upon, and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare..Ty for the area help...I would like to try & bid I guess in any of these zones a 4* for 3/24/12 for 3 nights....at this time I am going to say my max bid will be $120.00...based on my research thru BEAV's posting on identifying hotels on lastminutetravel.com I can get a 4* & have identified it as a Washington Marriott for 143.00 p/n...also, if i decide to just stay 2 nites in D.C. & then head back up to Baltimore inner harbor Monday night instead of Tues morning...I can get the 4.5* Ritz Carlton for $143.00 P/N!!!...that is almost too hard to resist!! :o ...I will also be looking for bidding strategy for the Baltimore inner harbor for 1 or 2 nites....should I start a new topic for that portion?...I want to get this part of trip done first, as I believe this will be harder to win than the Baltimore nites

THANK YOU!!!....ally... :)

At the 4* level in DC you have SEVEN re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Convention Center and White House...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Convention Center and Dupont Circle...

Select 4* Convention Center, Dupont Circle, White House...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've lived and worked in the DC area now for almost a decade and stayed at about a dozen hotels, and would recommend checking out the Woodley Park/Zoo areas as well as Dupont Circle. They are in close enough proximity to all the major attractions but are safe areas with good restaurants.

wow...finally had some success...took a LONG time for bids to go thru...failed all yesterday....spent mucho time researching maybe just a purchase on LMT....didnt like choices...decided to split the bid as Monday is the problem child day.. had my husband bid as it hadnt been 24 hrs wait on mine...

Selected 4* Convention Center and White House...

Selected 4* Convention Center and Dupont Circle...

Selected 4* Convention Center, Dupont Circle, White House...

Bid $103, ACCEPTED... :lol:

4* Dupont Circle Hotel

3/24 - 2 nites

103.00 p/n

37.52 taxes/fees

243.52 total

NOW...i need to try bidding on Baltimore Inner Harbor, as we are going to hang in D.C. till Monday pm...take the marc back up to Baltimore & do the inner harbor for tue & wed...flyin home late wed pm...

Bidding strategy should be easy I am thinking as there are i think 8 - 9 rebid zones & none have 4* except inner harbor, so I assume just decide on my max $$ & figure out $$ amount in $5.00 increments to arrive at my max??? unfortunately the Orioles are starting play & right now the 4* hotels are just as pricey as D.C....unless we decide to hit up the Courtyard by marriott on New York ave area of DC (reviews say the area is sketchy) for monday nite for about 96.00 & then do inner harbor for the 1 night...these prices remind me of summer prices!!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see your plans were flexible and you were able to drop the Monday nite which made this trip possible at this price.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. For help with the Baltimore, the next leg of your trip, please start a NEW TOPIC.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]