Priceline Hotel: Please Help, need tips for 4* Downtown Austin, 3/23-3/26

phippsy
By phippsy,
in

Seeing as this board has help others score great bids, I am hoping to get a four star or 3.5 in Downtown Austin on the dates of 3/23-3/26 (1 room). My max bid is preferably $105.

Have seen winning bids for the Omni Downtown in the 80's. This is the ideal hotel we wish to stay at. Downtown in the only zone we wish to stay in. Thanks in advance.

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay? If you are willing to pay more for a 4*, did you want to first bid up to your limit for a 4* hotel, then if rejected start over for a 3.5*? I assume you're ok if you were to win a 4* hotel other than the Omni?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not sure why, but rates look fairly high at the moment for these dates, but to give it a try:

At the 4* level you have EIGHT re-bid zones, at the 3.5* level you have SEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if the above is rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

To the OP...just to let you know, there are a couple of hotels listed in Priceline's Downtown zone that are no where near downtown. The AT&T Conference Center comes to mind. I'm not familiar with the relatively new W hotel and it's location.

That being said, Lastminutetravel.com has the Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol for $103/nite ...their rating 4*, Priceline rating 3.5*...which you could book as a cancelable backup.

Good luck.

I have never booked a backup hotel before, why would one do this?

Because while you're waiting/hoping for rates to come down... they could go up. Booking a fully refundable back-up hotel now locks in the price now, so that you're not subject to rate increases. Should rates come down, you can re-book, win at PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, and cancel your refundable back-up.

A backup reservation would be something to consider if - for example - it's a busier date in the area and bidding may take a while (and prices can suddenly go up in the meantime) or you want to ensure that you have something and wait for a while to try bidding again, etc. Overall, it's an acceptable price/hotel that is fully and completely refundable that ensures you have a room while you continue to look or if the discount services don't come through. It appears to be the weekend causing the problem in this case - 3/23-25 are expensive, 3/25-26 is still a little on the high side, but doesn't appear as bad.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, just joined the site after hearing great things. I am looking for almost the exact same deal as OP but I need it the following weekend...3/30-4/1. It should be in downtown only and am looking for anything in 3.5* to 4*. I'm reading the BAB24 thread which is really helpful. Any other tips before I take the plunge?

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]