Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Tampa (Downtown) The Westin Tampa Harbour Island

travelAlot
By travelAlot,
in

Have been loosely watching rates and almost been resigned to this trip not happening -- after all, prime spring time and event time (NCAA Hockey Frozen Four plus Easter weekend). With Tampa downtown being relatively small (only 5-6 decent 3+-star hotels), I'd been watching PL VP and Hotwire. The tipoff was Hotwire, which showed the Westin (4-star on Hotwire) at $86/night.

Began bidding in the upper $50s and got rejected while bidding in $1 increments until I got to $70/night ($63 + $6.67/night bonus through Entertainment Card). Counteroffer of $18, I ignored it and upped bid by a whole $1/night and voila! Technically $70.67 was my bid, with me paying $64/night. Hotel's cheapest rate is $223/night, nuff said.

If anyone is visiting for Frozen Four, now is the time to jump on this. Rates could go down, availability could open in general (FF isn't fully sold out yet), but for $70-71/night at a Westin in prime downtown location (2-min walk to the Ybor City and downtown trolley, 5 mins to arena), I wouldn't play a game of chicken. FYI on Hotwire this seemed to only be available based on a 3+-night stay (I thought of possibly buying three single nights and seeing how the total cost with the Ent $20/night rebates compared).

Initiated bidding from BB PRICELINE link, logged into account to access the Entertainment $20 offer ($6.67/night x 3 nights) and then did the bidding.

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like an excellent deal given the local events in town... glad to see this is very convenient for your plans and has some very nice savings!

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]