Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas Strip South

tinksen
By tinksen,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For starters, note that you can't bid on only the Vdara or Aria, you need to be willing to accept any 5* hotel in the zone, is this acceptable?

My guess is that $100-$120 may come up a little short, but something like $120-$145 may be possible. Let us know your maximum bid for this trip and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and please click each of these previous links before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would try beginning with 5* at first, there's recent wins posted for Aria at $90 & Palazzo @ $75. The nice thing about this site & the lead time you have, there's no hurry to close a deal immediately, you could end up with some really good value...depending on capacity at that time.

Did you want to try for a 5* hotel first? If so, are both North Strip and South Strip acceptable or only the South Strip? Also, at the 5* level did you want to go as high as $120 (as mentioned in your first post) or keep the maximum bid at $100 for both the 5* and 4* bidding... or is budget the primary concern and your goal is the least expensive 4* or better for this stay? (also keep in mind that many/most properties now charge about a $20/day resort fee which would be in addition to your PRICELINE bid and payable directly to the hotel)

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It depends how you define 'better'... as even though a 5* at $100 (or even $110 or $120) may be a little more expensive, for some it would still be consider 'better' and worth the extra dollars per nite. ;)

Is your goal to try for a 4* hotel for less than your current $89 reservation... or how much would you need to save to make it worthwhile given that 1) it would be for an 'unknown' hotel, and 2) the PRICELINE reservation would be non-refundable, whereas your current reservation you can cancel should your plans change or something better come up

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yes I'm going to EDC!... I was ok with a little over $100 before, but the flight went up in price from last week. Booked it a few days ago, don't wan't it to go any higher...so that's why I'm looking to spend less on a hotel now. Just wondering if below $80 is possible on a 4* for that week?

Rates in Vegas are very volatile and change more often than any other market that i'm aware of (in the US at least)

Something around $80 is possible, but not sure how much lower (or a few dollars higher) it would take... it's "too close to call" and you'll simply have to try to see if accepted or not.

If you'd like a bidding strategy for a 4* hotel up to $80, are both Strip South and Strip North acceptable or do you only want to bid the Strip South zone? (also, note that Summerlin is NOT a re-bid zone when bidding the 4* level in Vegas)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]