Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City (Central Park South) Holiday Inn Midtown New York

derekh99
By derekh99,
in

In the 4 years I've used priceline and the almost 30 different hotels I've had in NYC this is the first one I've been disappointed with(Insert a polite face here(grrr)). I could have paid a little more to get a much nicer hotel in Feb and I mistook underbidding a 3* as a good thing.

What I assumed would be a non-smoking room was a smoking room.

I should have stuck to my rule 4* or bust and only cave to a 3.5 after a good 4* attempt.

I did get moved the second night to a different room but was told that priceline had booked my a smoking room. Not good for someone that is allergic. I went to the drug store and still woke up with red marks on my legs.

I did my best to stay out as late as possible each night. Thank god for some cool bars in Hell's Kitchen.

Valhalla anyone....

Nevertheless my service even when I asked for a manger was Holiday Inn doesn't move people. Though they claim to a no charge for disappointing service in the poster in the hotel room.

I would have been happy to move. The web told me I could but the manager said no and only moved me the second night.

I'm started using Holiday Hell instead of Holiday Inn this past week.

I would avoid bidding any hotel that has a Holiday Inn in the future regardless of the low standing the hotel chain usually has and I think the low standing is, well, their earned standing.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]