Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) Intercontinental The Barclay

Kestrel
By Kestrel,
in

Hello. I am looking for a 4* hotel in New York City for the dates of April 11 through 15. Areas: TS, CPS, MTW, MTE. It would be very nice to get such a booking at around $120/night, but I am not having any luck so far. I look forward to any help you can be. Thank you, I have read your new subscriber notification.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Seasonally Spring is an expensive time of year in NYC and $120 for a 4* hotel is not likely realistic for these dates.

Using source like MAPS and HOTELS.com (where it is easy to see prices and star ratings within a give geographic area) what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable 4* hotel for these dates?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and please click each of these links before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the response, and the info. What is a realistic price range for a 4* hotel during these dates? I was using $120 as a benchmark as I had seen it used repeatedly on this site, but obviously for different dates. How long before the trip would be the best time to book using bids on Priceline, or does it matter?

As you have requested, I have used the links here to check PL & HW, and I will continue to do so. I appreciate your assistance, and your continued effort with this site.

I would of course try to start lower and use a bidding strategy to gradually increase your bids, but based upon current rates a 4* will likely run ~$180-$200.

As far as when to bid, see the related 'Bid Early or Close to Check-in' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your help! It paid off. I got the Intercontinental Barclay for $190/night. More than I was planning on spending initially, but by reading more on your site, I was able to guess the hotel and pinpoint a price range that I wouldn't mind spending to get it. With a little luck and a lot of knowledge gained from you, it all worked out pretty well.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]