Priceline Hotel: Is Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach the only category 4* property in Waikiki?

aristophenes
By aristophenes,
in

I'm hoping to win the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort for a week in April. The pinned hotels list shows that it recently went from a category Resort to a 4*. However I've seen postings mentioning Hyatt Place and Marriot as also being 4* in Waikiki Beach. Is the list pretty out of date?

Has anyone recently won another property besides Hyatt Regency for 4* in this area? If it's the only one, I would be feel better knowing I'm bidding for a single property.

Thanks.

Any time someone reports a win, the Priceline hotel list is immediately updated. The Hyatt is the only reported 4* property at this time.

Your request might nudge somebody currently just "looking" to report an as yet unreported win. That would be a good thing.

When you bid Priceline, you have to be willing to accept anything within the boundary of the map, and at the star level and higher for which you are bidding. Priceline could upgrade a 4* bid to Resort or 5*. They also occasionally redraw the boundaries of the maps.

Romelle

Thanks for the replies.

I didn't realize Priceline could upgrade a 4* bid to a Resort. That's good to know. So even if I limit myself to 4* in a bid to get Hyatt, there's still a chance I'll end up with Marriot or some other resort instead. I wouldn't mind staying at one of the other properties in Waikiki, but I did end up winning Hyatt last year and enjoyed my stay. So I was hoping for a repeat of my good luck :)

My dates are flexible within the first half of April. It also looks like Hyatt has added a resort fee this year which includes internet access? I wasn't charged anything during my last stay.

Flexible dates make it easy to bid lots of times in one session. You are fortunate.

As you bid on Priceline, you might keep an eye on Hotwire's rates. They change their offerings all the time, and you might see something to your liking.

FYI, Hotwire tends to be a little more generous in their star ratings - maybe 1/2 a star - so their 3 1/2* can be more like Priceline's 3*.

Also, if you see a tempting deal on Hotwire and post the dates and amenities and rate back here, the experts can make an educated guess as to what you might get.

Romelle

Not sure which post(s) you're looking at, but as far as i know the Hyatt is currently rated 4* by PRICELINE.

What is your maximum bid for a 4* (or higher) hotel in this zone for this trip? Are you willing to pay a bit more if you would be able to target/increase your chances for the Hyatt (yet still no guarantees)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...mentioning two 4* Hyatts in the beach zone

If you re-read that post i don't think that's what it is saying, the user is referring to two 4* hotels offered in the Waikiki Beach zone (one of them being the Hyatt.. the other being the Waikiki Parc). However, i believe that user was referring to the 'retail' side of PRICELINE in order to see the hotels offered, and there is a flaw in this logic since each side of PRICELINE (the 'bidding' and the 'retail' sides) each use a different universe of hotels. The Waikiki Parc has never been reported to the board as being one thru PRICELINE's bidding service... they may not participate, they may participate but never have been reported here, or they may have not participated in the past but have recently started to. When using PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you select.

Taking the above into consideration, what star rating do you want to try to bid for?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not sure here, please correct me if I am wrong, but I see those hotels (in Honolulu, at least, I don't know about other areas or cities) that charge you a resort fee, these end up being less expensive than those not charging the resort fee. The resort fee seems to cover parking and internet, while others, the "no resort fee hotels" charge you sometimes $30 a day for parking plus $10 or more for internet. I've been watching this specific forum for a few days now, because I'd like to go to HNL sometime by the end of the year (not bidding yet, as I'd rather learn about this area and also confirm my trip), but I worry about the amount they are charging these days for parking and internet, two items that I need to consider for my travel plans and budget.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]