Priceline Hotel: Assistance

nfahey
By nfahey,
in

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've posted here. Very nice new look!

I am looking at Penn Yan, NY on priceline for 2/11-2/13. I believe the hotel is the Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites. The rates are very different for Sat ($134.99) & Sun ($89.99) on the hotel website. The best rate I found was on easyclicktravel.com on 2/11 for $98.99 and on 2/12 for $89.99 (which is my back-up reservation). I tried bidding once to include both nights at $50/night then just for 2/11 at $60 & both were rejected. Should I continue to bid for the nights separately? Any advice is welcomed as I haven't bid in quite awhile.

TY!

Nancy

Welcome Back... and thanks for the compliments on the upgraded board :)

How confident are you that the Best Western would be the only 2.5* rated property in this area? Would you be 'ok' if you bid separately and received two different hotels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply.

My husband probably wouldn't be happy with me, lol, but we could live 2 different hotels if the price was right. Reviewing trip advisor, there are not many name brand hotels in the area, so I am fairly confident it's the BW Penn Yan. So yes, we could live with it.

TY!

I would likely bid each day as follows:

Bid BOTH NITES: $60, if rejected

Bid Sunday (the lesser priced nite): $55

Every 24 hours repeat by $5 over the previous days bid.

The reason i'm not bidding Saturday on its own is that if you win the solo nite, you can then try to extend the stay. If you win the more expensive nite and are able to extend the stay, the second purchase will be at the same price, therefore likely an 'overbid'. If you win the cheaper nite and try to extend the stay, you probably won't be successful, but PRICELINE could counter-offer and stat that they found a room but only at $xx, at which point you'll be able to accept/reject the offer based upon your back-up reservation.

Also, just to confirm, do you have a 'firm' reservation with ECT... up until when can you cancel?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Just a final update---

I was unsuccessful in my PRICELINE bids (using your link) so we ended up using our back up reservation. The hotel was very close to full since it was a holiday weekend (Valentines Day)& there was a wine trail event. Had a great time & if anyone is ever entertaining the Finger Lakes, Lake Seneca was wonderful.

Sorry I didn't see this post until it was too late.

I live in Branchport, on the other fork of Keuka Lake.

Not much lodging choices right in Penn Yan. The Best western is the only chain hotel. Penn Yan is still a very small town.

Penn Yan is on Keuka Lake, and had a Valentine's weekend wine trail event.

If you like Seneca Lake, and want to do a wine trail event there, may I suggest the hotel at Glenora Winery, or the one in Watkins Glen.

Geneva also has quite a few lodging choices too and may be quite a bit cheaper in the winter months than Penn Yan lodging.

HTH

Terri

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]