Priceline Hotel: Resort Las Vegas (Northwest) JW Marriott

trvlnut
By trvlnut,
in

I was hoping to checkin on one of these two dates. When I check Marriotts website, they don't have rooms for Saturday, but they have rooms for Sunday. Also, EasyClickTravel has rooms for Saturday for 131 per night.

My questions are, if I bid for Saturday and I'm turned down, can I do a new bid for Sunday? What price do you think I should bid and I think there is only one free re-bid area? Is this correct? Should I just not bother and book through EasyClickTravel?

TIA

I forgot to add that I am bidding on the JW Marriott.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you change the dates it's treated as a new bid and won't be rejected as a duplicate. What is the rate for Sunday thru the Marriott website?

If the JW Marriott (in the Northwest zone) is still rated Resort than you have more than one re-bid zone... i count five! You can read more about re-bidding in PRICELINE 72 HOURS and we encourage you to confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding.

EasyClickTravel actually pre-purchases rooms which is why they can have availability when the hotel otherwise shows a sold-out condition.

I say try to beat the EasyClickTravel rate and then if unsuccessful purchase thru ECT.

If you need help with a bidding strategy we'll be happy to provide one once you know which zones are your re-bid zones.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The rate for the 2nd is $179. Nothing available for the 3rd.

What is "on demand"?

I have the following 5 rebid zones as

West of Strip

Nellis

Convention Center

Freemont St.

Las Vegas Airport

I considered bidding for a 2.5 in the Las Vegas airport area, but I don't know if I would be able to get two beds. I am travelling with my Mom, and three kids. My youngest will sleep in a crib. Do you recommend getting two rooms in the Las Vegas airport area, or one at the JW Marriott? I am trying to save $, but I would be willing to bid for two if need be.

On Request = EasyClickTravel has sold out of their pre-purchased hotels, but they will contact the hotel to see if they can purchase more at their contracted rate. It usually takes 48-72 hours to hear back from an 'on request' submission

Only you can say if the 1 room vs. 2 rooms is right for your situation, but what makes it even harder is that your comparing two entirely different class hotels, a real Resort vs. budget accomodations. It depends upon the needs/purpose of the stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With your 5 re-bid zones i would bid as follows:

Select Resort....

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95.

You didn't state your maximum bid so i went with what i thought was high enough to have a reasonable chance at acceptance. If you maximum bid i is much higher or much lower than the above post back and we'll re-adjust the bidding strategy.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

So follow the above strategy for two rooms... the top price listed would bring you to $190, so you can stop short of that and only bid up to $90 (the previous bid).

However, if you do stop there and are unsuccesful, i would recommend bidding $92 fore one last bid (instead of the $95 stated above).

Let us know if that makes sense and/or if you have any other questions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]