Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Portland (Downtown) Hilton Portland And Executive Tower

smardie
By smardie,
in

Trying to get two rooms for downtown Portland on 2/8.

Started out low at $35.00 to see if I get a 2.5 star, which failed, then tried a 2 star and also failed.

My other choice would be just to get one room, with two beds and bid $55.00 to $65.00 for a 3 star to 3.5 star

Is it possible to get a room in downtown Portland for under $40.00 ?

What do you want to try first... two rooms with a $40 maximum? (the if that is rejected try for one room at a higher price?)

...one room, with two beds...

With PRICELINE you won't be able to ensure two beds in the room.

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request.

If two beds is a need (vs. a want) then HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Let us know what you wanted to try first as your next step and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Have you explored HOTWIRE for 1room/2adults/2children as that would at least give you a basis for what it would cost to ensure two beds in the room and you could adjust your PRICELINE bidding accordingly... or do you have a different back-up plan? You can use our new BiddingHelper.com to search both services, as well as hotels.com, with one search.

What is your current maximum bid?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Have you explored HOTWIRE for 1room/2adults/2children as that would at least give you a basis for what it would cost to ensure two beds in the room and you could adjust your PRICELINE bidding accordingly... or do you have a different back-up plan? You can use our new BiddingHelper.com to search both services, as well as hotels.com, with one search.

What is your current maximum bid?

I tried yesterday for $55.00 a room for two rooms, but was rejected.

Hotwire in my experience is always been higher and not as good hotels as Priceline.

I will take my chance and bid $70 for one room downtown in Portland on Priceline and then will hope the hotel can give us two beds.

I noticed Priceline does not even have any 2.5 star hotels in downtown.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with this purchase and that it should work for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]