Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention) Affinia Manhattan

fauxpas
By fauxpas,
in

Hi there,

we will stay in New York during June 25th to 29th 2012. At the moment we have a reservation which we can cancel without any charge.

We want to stay in a 3 1/2 or 4 Star Hotel in Manhatten. What do you think is the best time to bet in Priceline? Right now the rates are very high for June - do you think it is possible to get a room for round about USD 120?

Thanks

fauxpas

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

To be able to compare against, what is your current back-up reservation (price, hotel?) Rates in June are generally still high; they start coming down somewhat later in the Summer. The FAQ discusses in great detail timing of a purchase.

Additionally, what would be your desired budget per night and which PRICELINE zones would be of interest?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi Aaron,

thanks for your response.

Right now we have a reservation at St. Giles (Price approx. USD 220 incl. Tax & Fees). I propose that we can can a cheaper room.

We want to stay in central of Manhatten (TSQ, MSQ, MTE, MTW, ESB for example) but have no favorites. If we can get a top hotel in Financial District would be also fine. I tried priceline (via link of course) for 3 1/2 and 4* Hotels in all the areas mentioned above - my highest offert was USD 140 until now.

kind regard

fauxpas

If you haven't, please start by reading your messages.

Are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay? Is $140 your maximum bid at this time? Are you bidding the same zones at the 4* level as you are at the 3.5* level?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not sure if $140 will be enough for a 3.5* or better at this time, but before giving it a try, note that in the MTE zone there are some hotels at the 3.5* level which can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway, is this acceptable?

Please confirm if we should include the MTE zone or not and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The MTE zone was included in my first post.

We are very flexible on the zones in Mannhatten but prefer

Central Park South

Empire State Building Area

Madison Square Garden Area

Midtown East

Midtown West

Timesquare - thatre district

Chealse

Financial District or Soho could also be an alternativ location if we can not get in one of the mentioned above - we saw an offer on pricline for the W Hotel of USD160.

Thanks, merci, Danke

Fauxpas

The MTE zone was included in my first post.

I know, but as many users don't realize that some hotels at the 3.5* level in this zone can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway, we usually ask to confirm that this is acceptable. ;)

Central Park South

... just as we usually confirm that users are 'ok' with a very small room when bidding 3.5* in the CPS zone since this area includes the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards)

If you're comfortable with the zones you've included above, you can bid as follows:

At the 3.5* level in NYC you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* CPS, ESB, MSG, MTE, MTW, TS, Chelsea...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for these informations. Rooms in Hudson are very small but if the Hotel is nice and clean okay.

What do you think abount the Financial District and SoHo - would it better to try there also? It be possible to get 4* Hotel there for 140 USD or do I expect to much?

Again, thanks for assisting me

• 3 weeks later...

got it just minutes ago - I did not get a hotel during the last weeks so I decided to increase my maximum up to 160USD. I am happy with this hotel. Location is perfect. I heard that a part of this hotel is already refurbished. Sounds good.

Thanks for assisting during the prior weeks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]