Hotwire Hotel: Help please to identify property in Miami

happycruzer
By happycruzer,
in

Hi, I'm a complete newby to these boards and have never used priceline or hotwire, but very keen to try and savea few $$

I have looked for accomodation March 3rd > March 5 th 2006 and have noticed this property. Would love your opinions on which property it could be:~

Miami Beach~Resort~Oceanfront~Pool~Fitness~Spa~Golf near~ and Business centre.

Rate quoted was $187

Hope you cab help

Many thanks thereuare for your help.

After looking at the sheraton bal harbour, we have decided it is not what we are looking for...a bit too far out of the Miami Beach area than we had hoped for and not so great reviews as it is scheduled for closure next year.

Thank you for all your help. Keep up the good work.

Happycruzer

Thank you again theruare for your help...

The Bal harbour hotel looked great , but was a bit too far out of things for us , I think we want to nearer most attractions as we wont have a car,(but not so near that we cant get sleep ) also I love to be near the ocean so , ocean front is preferable, I did look at the Palms SOBE and the Crowne Plaza, another hotel which caught my attention was Loews, do you think these would be suitable ? if so what should we look for and how much should we look to pay.

This will be our first visit to Miami so help like yours is most welcome and appreciated .

Any other hotels which you can suggest will be very welcome.

Thanks again

Happycruzer

Thank you Thereuare......can you recommend what I should look for to try for a hotel there. Min 3* accomodation for 6 adults (poss 2 rooms)

Do you think I am too early to get a decent price , but as we are coming from the UK I want to be sure that everything is sorted out early. I also have been lead to believe that this will be a 'spring break' time too March 3rd > March 5th 2006. so should therefore get sorted quickly.

Appreciate everything you have done here to help me.

Happycruzer

Possibly two rooms for 6 adults?!? Are you thinking of possibly only one room for six?

Priceline only guarantees double occupancy and with all of the 'boutique' and 'independently owned' properties in South Beach i think that using Priceline for more than double occupancy can be a bit of a risk as some hotels will only be able to accomodate two people... but it's up to you if you want to accept the risk or not.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare....sorry for taking so long to reply, but caught up with other projects at the moment.

My reason for saying "possible 2 rooms for 6 adults was (not oh horror to squeeze all 6 into 1 room lol) but it was 2 or 3 rooms that we are hoping to secure ...hopefully to save a few $ we could just do 2 rooms though.

Thanks again for your help and sorry for the confusion !

• 2 weeks later...

thereuare,

how did you figure out the hotel name by description?

This is a match for the Sheraton Bal Harbour so that would be out best guess.

Let us know how it goes or what you decide to do.

Also, been to Miami several times. South Beach is by far the best place to stay. Royal Palm (4 star) got for 90. Remember they add 20 resort fee..

rgarg3

Within each state/country category we maintain hotel lists, here is the HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST for Florida where you will see this hotel described with the exact amenties mentioned above... no guarantees, but we're right more often than not. :)

I've requested in another of your posts to please start a NEW TOPIC for your recent Royal Palm Miami Beach win.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

3.5* South Beach Miami

Hi I have been searching hotwire (as a complete novice) for some accomodations in Miami this one has appeared for the first time tonight. Would you be kind enough to try and help me identify which hotel it is.

March 3rd 2 rooms x 2 nights

Resort

Boutique

Nr Beach

Rest

Airport Shuttle

Pool/s

Spa

Internet

Laundry

It is showing at 3.5 * at $205

Many thanks

Yes this is for pre-cruise.

We get into Mia at approx 6pm on Friday and will stay for 2 nights prior to sailing from FLL (we are staying post cruise there for a few nights)

Do you think we can do better than this deal. I really would have liked the Palms or Royal palm kind of hotel, but I have looked various sites with no luck.

Thank you again for your help and please accept my apology for starting a new post.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]