Hotwire Hotel: Help with ID 3* North York - Vaughan area hotel

foma
By foma,
in

My dad's going to Toronto from 5/4 to 5/9/12 for Toronto Marathon.

He's trying to get the Novotel North York as it's at the starting line.

I used the HOTWIRE link on the board and found a 3* hotel for $89/night

The amenities matches both Novotel North York and Novotel Vaughan Centre.

which include Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

Tripadvisor rates 4.0 out of 5.0

and it's recommended in 95% of Hotwire customer reviews.

Is there anyway to ID the exact hotel?

Thanks in advance!

As both hotels have the same amenity description (and TA rating too) there is unfortunately no way to determine which one of these is more likely than the other. If this is a big race i would think that the North York property would be in high demand and therefore not as likely to release deeply discounted rooms thru the opaque suppliers, so from that standpoint i would consider this one a little less likely, but no way to know definitively.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can also use our companion site MAPS and HOTELS.com to see prices near the start/finish line and easy determine how much more/less it will cost if you stay closer/further away or go higher/lower in star rating.

Keep us updated on your pursuit/progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can also use our companion site MAPS and HOTELS.com to see prices near the start/finish line and easy determine how much more/less it will cost if you stay closer/further away or go higher/lower in star rating.

Keep us updated on your pursuit/progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

I didn't know there's such thing available. Thanks for the info!!

That's why we created it :)

... glad you like the MAPS and HOTELS.com site.

I think I've found a way to ID both hotels

I did a couple more search in the last few days and find out the original price is different.

One time I see the price is "reduced" from $164 to $90

The other time I see the price is "reduced" from $129 to 90

So I look it up and find out those original prices match Novotel Vaughan for the 1st one and Novotel North Fork on the second one.

I can't guarantee my thinking is correct but it's just my .02

Thanks!

The retail rates shown by HOTWIRE on the 'opaque' side of their service (the comparison rates with the strikeout thru the price) is the average rate of hotel(s) found in that neighborhood of that star rating... so the rate shown may match one specific hotel in the zone (not necessarily the rate of the opaque hotel offered) or it may be the average rate of a few hotels of that star rating in the zone. Therefore, using the retail rates in the manner you're attempting to do so would not be a reliable method of trying to identify the hotel offered.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]