Priceline Hotel: Help for weekends

Irina Yamashita
By Irina Yamashita,
in

What are the actual dates of your stay? What is your desired star rating and budget? Which zones are acceptable? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Let us know the above and we'll be in a better position to offer advice.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Actually, my trip is not for now, the dates are October 6 to 11. But I have others cities to book hotels and I am trying to do one at a time.

I am looking for a 4* Hotel (North or South), my budget is about $80, but I don't know if I can get one at this price on weekends.

As I have a few months until the trip, I want to try not splitting my bids, and if I can't get anything at this range I will probably consider splitting them.

Thanks a lot.

$80 may be tough given this includes a Saturday nite, but to give it a try:

At the 4* level you have FOUR re-bid zones (NOTE: Summerlin is NOT one of them) If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Strip South...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Strip North...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Strip South and Strip North...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Mostly likely the Saturday nite on it's own, then the remaining nites together... but why not try the complete stay all at once first?

Also, i'd suggest trying to get the bulk of the nite(s) first before bidding for the solo nite.

• 2 weeks later...

You can/should try, but $55 will likely be tough to beat once you include PRICELINE's booking fee... but then you also have to decide if the possible 4* hotels you may win are better/worse than the Tropicana, and if it's worth bidding (ie- if the Trop is your least favorite 4* hotel in the zone then you'd want to bid (and maybe even bid a bit higher than $55)... if the Tropicana is one of your favorite 4* hotels in the zone then it may not be worth bidding at all to save a few dollars)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]