Priceline Hotel: 4* Prague (West) Moevenpick Hotel Prague

OCCHI21
By OCCHI21,
in

Hello,

My husband and I plan on going to Prague during Easter break it would be from Friday (Good Friday) April 6, 2012- Wednesday April 11,2012. We def want to stay in East Prague and we would like a 3* hotel at around $30-$55, 4* hotel at around $60-$65, and or a 5* $70-$75, we care more about the savings than the stars so the better deal for us would prob be a 3*. I tried today many unsucessful bids only in East Prague using your link =0) started at 5* at $55,and then selected 4* & 3* at $45 but nothing worked!

Any tips??

also what is this priceline bonus money, I am an avid priceline booker and I never got one!!

Bonus money is usually sent out randomly OR you can check for bonus money by going to PRICELINE and clicking the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS link at the top right of their home page.

...we care more about the savings than the stars so the better deal for us would prob be a 3*.

...started at 5* at $55,and then selected 4* & 3* at $45 but nothing worked

I bid $62 for 5*, then I bid $40 for 3*, and then the last bid was 2* for $40

If you prefer the lower rated hotel for less money, why are you starting your bids at the higher rated hotels and higher priced bids?

What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel in this area?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Never thought to look at other hotel options, so I just did and Anna Hotel would be the best option if the hotel bids are unsucessful. It would be $94.91 per night but they do offer free internet and breakfast, but for that price being a 3* I would rather a priceline hotel. Then I noted that my prices are $40 higher per night Friday-Sunday.

Friday, April 6, 2012- Sunday 8, 2012 $97.58 and Then Monday April 9-April 11 $61.78.

The priceline hotels listed on this site are priced as follows per night:

5*Hilton $211.94

5*Marriott $202.40

4*Hotel Ametyst $125.40

4*Clarion Congress $106.74

3*Courtyard Flora $100.62

Any tips on how I can win any of these hotels?

Hard to say what it would take for the complete stay at a 3* since we don't see too much bidding in this zone and even less bidding at the 3* level.

Do you want to try for first:

3* (or some other rating) for the complete stay?

OR

what star rating and maximum bid for a sub-set of the stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A guess would be somewhere between $60-$80... did you see that HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in Central Prague for $78/nite? (this property has not yet been identified, and keep in mind that each service rates properties based upon their own criteria, so this may not be a 4* rated hotel on PRICELINE, or PRICELINE may not even use this property in their inventory)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

A guess would be somewhere between $60-$80... did you see that HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in Central Prague for $78/nite? (this property has not yet been identified, and keep in mind that each service rates properties based upon their own criteria, so this may not be a 4* rated hotel on PRICELINE, or PRICELINE may not even use this property in their inventory)

I have never used hotwire, does it work the same way as priceline? Does that mean I put in $78 on hotwire and I won a hotel?

I have never used hotwire, does it work the same way as priceline? Does that mean I put in $78 on hotwire and I won a hotel?

Ok we ended up adding in the zone of West Prague, started 1st bid at $50, rejected, then we added 2* and up it to $55 and we won the Moevenpick Hotel Prague. We are happy bc we rather spend the less $ on a hotel room and use the trains. Thanks for all your help!!! Love this site and I always use the links!

4* Prague (West) Movenpick Hotel $55 Friday April 6 2012-Weds April 11, 2012

1st started at $50 rejected with zones of West and East, then added 2* and used the same areas and rebid at $55 and we won.

With taxes and fees we will pay per night $65.32, total cost is $326.60

The cheapest rate online is $513.20(per night $102.64) :rolleyes:

Used the PRICELINE links on this site and happy with the great savings!!!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]