Hotwire Hotel: 4* Boston (Back Bay - Copley Square) Westin Copley Place

gloryglory
By gloryglory,
in

Hello! I'm new to hotwire and hoping to ask what hotel you think I might be looking at.

Boston Common - Theatre District area hotel

4*

Feb 17-20 (3 nights), $107/night

Amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

-This doesn't seem to quite match any of the descriptions... maybe W hotel but no pool listed?

Boston Back Bay - Copley Square

4*

Feb 17-20 (3 nights), $118/night

Amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center

-Is this the Westin? Or can it be a number of other possibilities?

Which of the two do people recommend?

Greatly appreciate any help or advice!

I think the first is more likely to be the Hyatt Regency Financial hiding its pool. Do you see a TripAdvisor rating when you look at details? (I just saw what seems like the same listing and it had a 3.5 Trip Advisor rating.) The second could be the Colonnade.

IMHO, the Westin and Colonnade are nicer hotels, but it might come down to location for you.

Yesterday the search didn't show HiSpeed internet with the Back Bay 4* property.

Today it does! (not sure if I missed it yesterday or not).

Does that change your idea about which hotel it is?

Thanks for your help!

I don't seem to be able to access a TripAdvisor rating for either properties. I'm looking this up in Canada (and thus prices are also in CAD)... maybe that influences my access to ratings.

All I can see is that the Boston Common one is recommended by 90% of Hotwire users.

The Back Bay - Copley Square is recommended by 95% of Hotwire users (and has bed choice).

Hmm.... not sure which one to bid one as the ultimate price different is about $50-60. It's our first time in Boston, and looks like Back Bay is more convenient for recreation, but Common is closer to more of the sites....

Please change the currency drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

Please re-post the amenities of the hotel(s) you're currently seeing and the room rate in US Dollars.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The HOTWIRE % recommendation is not consistent, so although it's somewhat useful as a guideline you shouldn't count on it to ID the hotel. You can sometimes (but not always) see the TripAd rating when you look at "details". Finally, many hotels sometimes offer Bed Choice and then sometimes remove that icon.

You're right that the Common/Theater area is generally closer to sights -- e.g. the Freedom Trail, or Faneuil Hall. On the other hand, Boston is small -- it's probably quite a bit smaller than you're thinking. And the public transportation is excellent.

One advantage of the Westin is that it is connected by a series of indoor spaces (including Copley Place) to the Prudential Center, so in case the weather is horrible in February you would still be able to do a little sight-seeing, have a good choice of restaurants, and shopping, all without going outside. The Colonnade is about fifty yards from an entrance to the Prudential Center, so that's almost as good.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]