Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney) Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek

zahrani
By zahrani,
in

I started from $70 (plus $8.33 bouns) and up untilI I reached $99+$8.33=$107.33 and got Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek.

However, I checked the hotel website and found the rate is $83.40 per nigh for the first 2 nights and $89.40 for the remaining 4 nights. So, I think if got directly from the hotel website I could save around $100.

I'm very unhappy :(

Priceline will match the published rate and give you an additional $25 credit and a coupon for $50 off a future vacation package. The guarantee doesn't cover "membership programs", which I think may include AAA and AARP... but I see from the hotel's website that the rate you found is available to anyone. It's prepaid and nonrefundable, but Priceline's guarantee doesn't exclude that. Good luck!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your purchase with the board... sorry to see that this wasn't the "deal" you expected. Do you recall if you included the Lake Buena Vista zone from the beginning or was thsi one of the last zones you added?

However, as per Thespian's comments above, here is a link to Priceline's Best Rate Guarantee

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how you make out with the refund.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

***Update***

I called the customer services for the "Best Price Guarantee". So, they match the $99 (not the $107) to 83.40 and $89.40 plus $25 so they reimbursed me with total of $94.60. Even with this price matching, I could get it cheaper directly from the hotel website because Priceline charge around 16% for Taxes and Service Fees, however, the hotel charge only 12.5%.

Moreover, they told me I will get $50 vacation package. I never got that $50. I called 3 times the customer service asking about the $50 vacation package and every one told me different answer. The first one told me she already process it for me (and I did not get it). The second one told me I should wait 3 days to get it. So, I waited 3 days then I called back after 3 days and the 3rd representative told me it should take 5 days!!! How come I already receive the $94.60 (in my credit card) and I should wait 5 days to get the $50 vacation package?!! It doesn

Be careful guys when you are bidding...

This is always good advice, and it's always important to do your research first (try our Bidding Helper or MAPS and HOTELS.com) to make sure that you don't overbid, but i will add that PRICELINE's Best Rate Guarantee is actually one of the better ones in the industry (it wasn't always, but in its current form it is).

Most BRG programs only honor a rate if you find it within 24-48 hours after booking, PRICELINE currently will honor the lower rate up to 24 hours before your arrival date.

Most hotel BRG programs will do whatever they can to weasel out of honoring any claim, PRICELINE (and HOTWIRE) actually have a very good track record of paying up when they should. As an example, i recently booked a refundable rate with a major hotel chain and then sent a BRG claim since another service had it onsale for 20% less... my claim was denied because they don't include sale or promotional rates in their best rate guarantee. (NOTE: this wasn't a discount based upon membership, it was a basic "Book Now and Save 20% Off Your Stay" available to anyone who did a search at their website). This partilcular chain's BRG program is about as good as "We'll match any rate as long as it's not lower than our own (and some restrictions may apply)".

Remember that you chose the price to name, and while it's best to research rates ahead of time to make sure that you don't overbid, it is nice to have PRICELINE's Best Rate Guarantee in place to help diminish any overbid, even in instances (such as this one) where it doesn't make up the shortfall entirely due to the length of stay (where the extra $25 savings is spread out over multiple nites and not just one or two).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]