Hotwire Hotel: 2 questions about 4 star Aruba resorts

EMLM
By EMLM,
in

I am trying to book a room for Aruba in April. I have almost ruled out Priceline beause they have added an "ADULT ONLY" resort on their 4 star catagory and we are traveling w/ a child. I have emailed Priceline about it and they said there is nothing they can do about it. REALLY?? So if I bid, and pay, and then find out I am in an "ADULT ONLY" resort I have to leave my child home? Has anyone had this problem with Priceline? The resort is Bucuti and Tara Beach Resort. I guess for Priceline I can only go under the RESORT catagory to rule that property out.

My second question is about HOTWIRE. When they post a price in red for a resort there is a light gray price above it. That is a price that the hotel goes for not using the discounted HOTWIRE option.Is that another clue in figuring out what hotel they are talking about? Right now they are offering a 4 star hotel for $227 and the light gray price is $401. The Raddison is posted as $401 when you aren't using the discounted option. Does that mean it is most likely the Raddison or are they not related?

Thanks for any help. I have never used these 2 web sites and I am trying to find my way.

If you choose to bid via Priceline, you have no control over which hotel within the star level (OR HIGHER) and zones you've selected. In order to avoid that "Adult Only" limitation on the 4*s, you'd have to select a higher star level. Resorts are between 4* and 5*, so your only remaining star level options are Resort and 5*.

You can't "go under" to rule a property out, as Priceline always has the option of giving you an upgrade. You have to "go over".

As a mother and grandmother, I think I'd treat that "ADULT ONLY" as a good warning that adults there may be indulging in behavior to which I wouldn't want my child or grandchild exposed. Way too much explaining to have to do for a vacation. Probably very few other kids with whom to play (not counting those over-21 kids).

In order to get an educated guess as to the Hotwire property, you need to post back with the amenities offered, your dates and the rate. I don't know about the red price, but perhaps somebody else here can answer that. It does sound like a good clue.

Romelle

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't, please start by reading your messages.

There are a few flaws in your logic:

I have almost ruled out Priceline beause they have added an "ADULT ONLY" resort on their 4 star catagory and we are traveling w/ a child.

Where are you seeing this information, from the retail side of PRICELINE? If so, each side of their service ('name your own price' and 'retail') each use a different universe of hotels, so you can't look at the retail side of things and assume that you will receive one of the hotels listed there. There are many hotels which participate in both sides of their service, some hotels which participate in the retail but not the bidding, and some which participate in the bidding but not the retail. See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

REALLY??

Note that PRICELINE reservations are only for double occupancy. Assuming you'll be triple occupancy, you're already 'stretching the rules a bit'. While this may or may not ultimately cause a problem, there could certainly be an additional fee to pay at check-in, or an issue getting a room with two beds (if this is what you'd be seeking)

When they post a price in red for a resort there is a light gray price above it. That is a price that the hotel goes for not using the discounted HOTWIRE option.

No, that is the average price for multiple hotels in this zone at that star rating. So if there are two hotels in the zone, one retail priced at $200 and the other priced at $100, the crossed out rate could show $150, yet neither of these properties are actually priced at $150.

Based upon the above let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]