Priceline Hotel: Praque- 3* East region 0405-0408

Mattes82
By Mattes82,
in

Hey guys,

i never booked a hotel using priceline before. i read some faqs about priceline and how to book hotels.

Could you please support me with the best strategy.

I would like to book a 3 star hotel in the East region. I just checked which hotel i would normally book: it is a 3 star hotel next to the central station. price would be roundabout 210$ including all fees with breakfast. So this would be my maximum price.

Who can help me with the strategy? Has anyone experience with hotels that you get in that region using priceline?

Thanks in advance!

P.S: in the list i could only find this here.

3* Courtyard Flora

are there no other hotels which are possible?:

Although I'm a faithful Better Bidding, Priceline, and Hotwire participant, there are times when I find an absolute gem of a hotel. In Prague, I stayed at Arcadia Residence Old Town for about $140 per night. It is one block off the main square.

Arcadia is the #1 hotel in Prague according to TripAdvisor reviews and won a Best Service award in 2010. If you read the reviews and look at the location, I don't believe you can do any better.

I don't want to step on any toes by recommending a hotel outside of a Priceline bid, and I apologize if I have overstepped my boundaries, but in the spirit of good traveling, I wanted to give a suggestion.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can check out the hotel mentioned above by Yagermeister and see if that suits your needs (and if so you can lower your maximum bid), but i think you can likely do better than this and your own back-up hotel.

Searching HOTWIRE for your dates rates are not that high, and there is a 4* hotel in the East zone for $82/nite and a 4* in the Central zone for $107/nite (NOTE that PRICELINE and HOTWIRE each draw their zones and boundaries differently so you'll need to go to HOTWIRE and check each of these zones to see how they compare to PRICELINE's and if either/both will work for your own needs)

P.S: in the list i could only find this here.

3* Courtyard Flora

are there no other hotels which are possible?

No, there could be (and there are likely) others. The hotel lists only have hotels reported to the board. See the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List for more info.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That $210 total comes out to about $58 as a top bid.

If you look on the retail side of Priceline, there are some 37 3* hotels in Prague. The map could help you see which ones are in east Prague. While there isn't a real match-up between hotels available on the retail and the bidding sides of Priceline, it can give you a good general idea of the possibilities. All hotels on the retail side are not necessarily offered via bidding. It is also possible to get a hotel via bidding not offered via retail.

Romelle

Did you want to move forward with a 3* hotel and a top bid of $58/nite... or are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel?

Also, keep in mind that any hotel you receive thru PRICELINE may not offer breakfast, so depending upon how important this amenity is to you, and how happy you are with your back-up property, should determine if you want to keep your maximum bid at $58, or a little lower (or higher if you'd actual prefer something other than than your current fallback)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

hey,

thx for your answer. i am quite happy with my backup facility as it is rated "good" at booking.com and is located in the East part 1km from the central station. i think this should be a good starting point for sightseeing.

as we limited our budget for this trip i think i will limit my bids at 58 per night or less as i do not know whether breakfast is included and if the hotel is located as good as my back-up.

so i would propose to set the limit to 55$/night.

another argument to use priceline is the following. i am planning a trip to NYC and Florida in May. Therefore i would like to practice the bidding strategy.

I am looking forward to your recommendations.

With not much bidding history at this star level in this zone, and a little time on your side, i would try as follows:

Unfortunately there are no re-bid zones available in this area when bidding 3 stars. I would simply make the following bids every 24 hours:

$37

$40

$43

$45

$48

$50

$53

$55

This will have yo up to your maximum bid in just over a week. This also assumes that you've been able to secure the $70/nite hotel as a back-up and it's fully refundable (if not, i'd simply bid $40-$45-$50-$50... as you don't want the back-up to get away from you while you try lowball bids)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if any questions/success.

hey guys,

we decided to be on the save side and secured the backup which is not fully refundable. we will kepp it as it is.

now i will concentrate on booking hotels for my trip to nyc and florida and i wil use your ref links to PRICELINE / HOTWIRE.

i would highly appreciate if you support me as good as you did with my trip to Prague.

Just to introduce myself: i am German and i would love to support you with any information you need concerning travelling in Germany.

Greets

Mattes

Thanks for closing this thread with your decision for this trip.

For help with your other trips, please start NEW TOPICS in the Priceline New York and Priceline Florida forums and we'll be happy to assist you there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]