Priceline Hotel: Orlando Conventiom Center question

nexofa
By nexofa,
in

Let's suppose that in a certain area with several 4* hotels, there's one that appears to accept a lot of $45+/- bids, and others that appear to accept $70 bids. And let's suppose that I would rather stay at the hotels that tend to accept the higher bids, and that I'm ok with spending the additional money. All thing being equal, do you think I'm more likely to get the hotels that tend to accept the higher bids if I start my bidding at $70 vs starting at $45?

In other words, does starting by bidding higher necessarily increase the chances of getting a hotel that typically accepts higher bids? Or if i start bidding higher, will PL just put me in the $45 hotel and pocket the difference?

I'll be happy either way, but I'm just curious.

There is no way to know inventory for your particular dates; if you attempt to bid higher for a particular property, you could definitely get one of the hotels you were trying to avoid (one could bid higher than retail price and still win a hotel.) It is best to attempt to get the lowest possible rate. HOTWIRE is a better bet (although still not guaranteed) if you are looking for/looking to avoid properties.

If you need assistance with your stay, please provide the date/s of travel, acceptable zone/s and desired star rating/budget per night.

Here is a more in-depth discussion on this subject: Don't Bid Higher for a Specific Hotel.

If you need help with a more specific bidding strategy let us know.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]