Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Empire State Building) Kitano New York Hotel

chut1
By chut1,
in

Hello,

I am hoping to stay in central Manhattan and am ok with the following locations:

-central park south

-chelsea area

-empire state building

-madison square garden

-midtown east

-midtown west

-time square

I would like to limit my search to 4* and don't want to go over $170 with bidding with a preference of maxxing out at $150.

Would you please assist in giving me a rebidding strategy?

Thank you.

Please follow-up your Priceline Hawaii and Priceline Car Rental threads with whatever you ended up doing for each of those trips, then click this PRICELINE link, and reply to this thread, we'll then have a look at your trip above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please follow-up your Priceline Hawaii and Priceline Car Rental threads with whatever you ended up doing for each of those trips, then click this PRICELINE link, and reply to this thread, we'll then have a look at your trip above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I closed the rental car thread and I had already closed the Hawaii one but letting the forum know about my winning bid. Am I supposed to do something else?

I merged your 'open' Hawaii thread with the thread where you reported a win for that area.

At the 4* level in NYC you have SEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: there are currently no 4* hotels offered in the MSG zone so we did not include that in the bidding below)

Select 4* CPS, Chelsea, ESB, MTE, MTW...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS, Chelsea, ESB, MTE, MTW, TS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You need to know how to determine your re-bid zones on your won as they need to be checked/confirmed before each bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed since you last checked.

Please see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board, OR if you're still confused and don't know how to begin, post back and we'll break it down further for you.

I see a 4 star midtown east hotel that is 95% recommended at $198/night.

The amenities are:

4-star Hotel in Midtown East

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Any idea what hotel this is?

Thanks.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board each time you access the respective site(s). Please click each of the previous links and reply to this thread, we'll then have a look at your post above.

Thanks.

The amenities above are very common for NYC (or a 4* hotel in many major city for that matter) and match reports for the Alex, Doubletree Metropolitan, InterContinental Barclay, Ommi Berkshire, Roosevelt, and W New York... any of these would be likely outcomes.

There is no rule of thumb regarding the price difference between PRICELINE and HOTWIRE... it's very much dependent upon a number of variables including city, star rating and dates, etc.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were successful and hopefully happy with the results for this well reviewed property.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

PS- am i correct that you used PRICELINE for this stay (and not hotwire)?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]