Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Orlando (Sea World - I-Drive South) Doubletree Resort International Drive

AndrewOAz
By AndrewOAz,
in

Your help is appreciated in trying to identify a 3.5* in the Orlando area under the heading "Sea World - I-Drive South area hotel". The included amenities are as follows:

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

This is showing a rate of approx. $58 for this stay versus a 3* that shows $50 but has a mention of "resort" in is features leading me to fear the dreaded resort fee add-on.

I need to decide fairly quickly, so your help is appreciated. I am considering whether to take this 3.5* and whether the restaurant is an indication of a likely included breakfast versus trying Priceline for a nicer hotel and bidding in this range to see what I'd get? Proximity to the convention center is a key.

Thanks for all the great work you guys do! :) ........... and Go Blue! (Yes, I'll be in Texas)

This property matches previous reports for the Doubletree Resort International Drive so that would be my best guess for this one, although i'll add i'm not currently seeing this property when searching HOTWIRE for your dates.

Are you still seeing this on your own HOTWIRE search?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am considering whether to take this 3.5* and whether the restaurant is an indication of a likely included breakfast versus trying Priceline for a nicer hotel and bidding in this range to see what I'd get? Proximity to the convention center is a key.

The restaurant is not the same as the free breakfast indicator but you can draw the conclusion that its more likely a full service hotel if they have a restaurant on site. Ive seen properties go away and then reappear before. If I was you Id play the Priceline game though and try for a 4*. In this area you can normally get one for around the price you were looking at for the 3*. Hope this helps.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see the hotel re-appeared and that you're pleased with the purchase.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]