Hotwire Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown - Pike Place) Westin

tacoma_rick
By tacoma_rick,
in

Hope this is the right spot for this:

I know sometimes Hotwire will specifically let you pick 2 beds or 1. However wondering if anyone has ever gone in without that option, wanted 2 and got denied, getting 1 instead? Doing a guys night this weekend so if one of us has to crash on the floor, probably not a huge issue, but wanted to know what to expect ahead of time or any thoughts on this.

Yes, there are times when users are not able to get the room configuration/number of beds the request.

If you're seeking double occupancy but want separate sleeping accommodations, you can usually 'force' the issue by HOTWIRE searching for quad occupancy as this should ensure separate beds, but note that the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway brought into the room, etc. As well, sometimes, but not always, searching quad occupancy will result in a higher room rate (but if you're only double occupancy, you can try 2adults/2children which sometimes can prevent the rate for rising and gives you the quad occupancy to accomplish your 2 bed goal)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and/or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For this weekend 1/7/12-1/8/12

if I enter 2 Adults, 2 kids (trying to make sure I get 2 beds) it gives me $85 and amenities as:

Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

If I enter only 2 adults it gives me $90 and amenities as:

Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), High-Speed Internet Access

Any ideas here?

Thanks

The first property (2adults/2childre) matches previous reports for the Doubletree Arctic Club, Sheraton and Westin, so any of these would be my best guess for this one.

The second property (2adults/0children) matches the Renaissance, Sheraton, and Westin, so any of these are likely candidates for this one.

Although both the Westin and Sheraton are mentioned as possibilities for each one (each uses multiple amenity sets to describe their property), i do believe you're seeing different hotels for each of your searches above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info. I used your HOTWIRE link and bought the $90 choice. Got excited and couldn’t wait.

4 star-Downtown-Pike Place

$90 and amenities as:

Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), High-Speed Internet Access

Got the Westin! And really happy, especially when looking on the Westin website they wanted $289!

I’ll post this separate as a hotel win too. Not sure if I have to or just use this reply.

Thanks again

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received one of the hotels you were hoping for and are pleased with the results... looks like a very nice deal and savings!

Thank you for sharing your win and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]