Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New Orleans (Downtown) The Whitney Wyndham Hotel

Palma Ceia 65
By Palma Ceia 65,
in

I used Better Bidding's PRICELINE link to bid. I was intially looking for a 4*French Quarter hotel

Started at $60 and went to $65 No luck

Restarted at $65 Downtown and then added French Quarter at $70 No Luck

Dropped down to 3.5* French Quarter and Downtown at $75 and won.

I wonder if something is happening the weekend i'm going? Prices seem a little higher than other

winning bids. Oh well, BIG EASY HERE I COME !!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success!

For future bidding, as per the following thread, note that it's usually recommended that you Lower Your Bid Price When You Lower Your Star Rating. Feel free to ask any questions you have in this regard and/or ask for help before bidding for your next hotel stay.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I will be staying there Jan 19 to 23, 4 nights

Maybe next time I should proof read and make sure I don't leave out any details. My winning bid of $75 was

for the Whitney Wyndham in the downtown district. I also have a question for you all. In the hotel amenities,

it states that a free airport shuttle is provided and when I called the hotel they said the only shuttle that is

available is the one at the airport, which we have to pay for. Does anyone know if Priceline will make any adjustment

or credit for this obvious misrepresentation?

Thanks for the follow-up.

I don't know of any Downtown hotels that provide a free airport shuttle, and searching PRICELINE now for 'New Orleans' and select DOWNTOWN i don't see anything indicating a free airport shuttle... exactly where on the PRICELINE website did you see this information?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]