MCO 2/6-2/10 no luck

captmeach7
By captmeach7,
in

I have been trying to get a cheap economy size for around 12 bucks a day, but have had no luck. My rental is for 3 days and 20 hours, will this make a difference? I usually try after work which is late at night.

I also have rewards ($3/day up to $18) which only work on compact or better, and have had no luck bidding up to 15 + 3 rewards. I am using the PRICELINE links from the forum, but im not sure what to try. I saw that an SUV was won at 10, but I don't need anything that big, and as the thread from 1f9mom shows she hasn't been able to replicate that deal. Should i wait for a specific time or go to a specific price point?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are date specific, and unfortunately are very high for these dates... do you know of any events taking place in the area during these dates which would account for the higher than usual rates? (or it may simply be that you're bidding for 4 midweek days... higher demand since you're 'competing' with business travelers and less than a week so less desirable for the car rental companies)

Using the Car Rental Checker found under the TOOLS tab near the top of the board, what is the best rate you're able to find for this rental? (both the daily rate and 'all-in' rate)... what is your maximum budget for a car for this trip?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am not sure of any events that week. We picked it because it seemed like nothing would be going on.

Using the Rental Checker:

Priceline shows a low of $59 for any car class[$302 total]

Travelocity shows 25-27(all in ~126) from SIXT for the smaller cars[$39/40 from Payless rentals] I know Enterprise, but i dont recognize the other companies.

Expedia shows a lowest price of $39 for economy [$203]

We got a quote using a company discount and it was right on par with what the deal sites were giving ( ~200+), so we decided to try the name your own bids. Going off what I saw in the forums I decided to start low on bidding. We dont really have a budget set for the car rental, though we would prefer not to go over 150 if at all possible.

Also, do you know around what a deposit would be for something like this? I have never rented a car, but am over 25, and plan to get whatever insurance i'll need. I appreciate your fast reply and the responses you have given me.

I'm not familiar with SIXT, but Payless is one of the bigger names among the lower tier providers... are you comfortable with the lower tier providers OR do you prefer to stick with a top tier name? From what company are you able to get the $200 all-in rate?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can continue to try bidding, but i don't think you're going to do much better than the ($125?? if i recall correctly) rate at Payless. If that is fully refundable, i would book that now in order to protect yourself from any rate increases... if you succeed with PRICELINE / HOTWIRE you can then just cancel the reservation.

Please use the Travelocity or Expedia links on the board for your reservation, and continue to try your bidding and searches with the PRICELINE / HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck! Keep us updated on your progress and what you ultimately end up doing, and let us know if we can be of further help along the way,.

I am not sure of any events that week. We picked it because it seemed like nothing would be going on.

Actually it is the week of the National High School cheerleading competition in Orlando! I am working on booking a car 2/9-2/16! Funny, last year I had no problem getting a good rate! Maybe something else is going on as well???

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]