Priceline Hotel: 4* Cleveland (Heights) Intercontinental Suites Cleveland Clinic

Buzliteyear
By Buzliteyear,
in

With both of the 'know' 4* hotels in this zone at $200+ is $94 your maximum bid for this stay? Given the time before your trip what are your thoughts regarding waiting it out and hoping for lower prices in the weeks ahead, lowering your star rating or raising your budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There's not a very large body of wins for four-star properties in Cleveland from which to gauge prices. I could only find one in the past 18 months or so. I figured I would try and define exactly where the bottom is and work up. Tomorrow I will inch upward.

Fortunately, I'm flexible with this trip and may even dip into the 3.5 star range.

The Conga Line Never Stops!

it doesnt worth to bid to cleveland for 4 star and less star hotel, i have been trying for a month , what i noticed is, it will force you to bid on 3.5 and then you will get the same price as it appears on the wepsite. At least if you pay couple dollar more, you can select your own hotel.

it doesnt worth to bid to cleveland for 4 star and less star hotel, i have been trying for a month , what i noticed is, it will force you to bid on 3.5 and then you will get the same price as it appears on the wepsite.

Alen,

Not sure how often you bid for this area or if you're citing your current frustration in bidding on priceline for your March stay (if you did make a purchase or decision for that trip please post a reply to your thread to 'close' it so that other future readers know what you ultimately decided to do for that stay... rather be left wondering if you were ever successful, make other plans, booked direct, canceled the trip, etc, etc), but if you enter 'Cleveland Downtown' in the the lower search box on the top right corner of the board, change the drop down menu to "QUICK SEARCH" you will see plenty of 3.5* wins in the mid-$50's, and that doesn't sound like retail rates to me.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Success!

I've been periodically bidding for Cleveland with no luck until today.

I began targeting four-star properties in the downtown and Cleveland Heights zones. I started at $84 and went up in increments of $2. My bid was accepted at $104. for the Intercontinental Suites Cleveland Clinic. I just checked and the hotel is retailing for $199. per night on the same nights.

Gotta love Priceline.

Thanks for the help and to BB.

April 3-6

$104. per night

Intercontinental Suites Cleveland Clinic

The Conga Line Never Stops!

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a very nice deal and savings! Glad to see you won in one of your preferred zones and hopefully this works well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]